Facebook guilt...

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
It's SO silly- but why do I feel guilty when I 'Un-friend' someone on FB? I mean, I barely remember them from High School, and I don't like the posts they make- and it's usually silly stuff or stuff that I don't want to see anyway... so I un-friend them, but then I feel a twinge of guilt! :haha: Not that it lasts- but still odd.

I mean really? I didn't friend request them in the first place...

I just recently went through all my friends and deleted a bunch of people. I keep those that don't bother me- haha- or those I ACTUALLY talk to and keep in touch with (obviously family and close friends as well)... but otherwise, what is the point of having you as my FB friend?

Pointless thread really ;)

I want to delete soooo many people from my Facebook but I'm from a small town it can be political who you delete if that makes sense? So I have far too many clingers-on who are probably bored entirely of my baby posts!!

:lol: I don't ever delete people as I rarely use Facebook but there are some people who I've hidden their posts because they're annoying :blush:

I'm always having a clear out but I must admit if I see someone out I feel a tad guilty

I wouldn't worry about it :)

I hate deleting people too, I try to keep it to just those who irritate me!! I still live near my school so worry about de friending someone in case I bump into them, a few people I know wouldn't bother talking to me have been deleted.

I tend to just stop following them. Then we stay friends but thier boring drivvle/political over load and horrible pics/videos stay away from me, but I can still stalk if need be!

I dont feel guilty until i start to recieve friend requests from people I already deleted. In one case I got a message saying "I think I deleted you by accident, add me please" It was me that deleted her. I couldnt decide if she was being tactical or genuine so i added her and deleted again a few weeks later :blush:

I dont feel guilty until i start to recieve friend requests from people I already deleted. In one case I got a message saying "I think I deleted you by accident, add me please" It was me that deleted her. I couldnt decide if she was being tactical or genuine so i added her and deleted again a few weeks later :blush:

Haha that made me laugh ;-)

I can't unfriended people :-( I'm such a wuss, even though I'll probably never see half of them!! I do hide some people because their posts annoy me

I'm extremely picky about who I have on FB for the security of my children so I'll go through every other month or so and delete who I don't really talk to anymore. I've never ran into any confrontations so far except for once there was a girl that I deleted a long time ago and kept adding me and texted one of my close friends and asked why I "hated her".

I know right?! Glad it's not just me! :haha:

I mean- the couple guys I recently deleted were posting stuff I find annoying and somewhat offensive (tbh)- one, who's married, was posting half naked pics of random women- the other kept posting stuff about 'Pot Heads" and being that my 17yr old daughter is on FB...um... no thanks! Oh well- guilt be gone ;) Not like anyone would SAY anything to me about it... least not so far! I even deleted a few people I used to party with "back in the day" but have NO connection to anymore- so why keep them? Spring cleaning! haha

I've no clue how some people have hundreds (one girl even over a thousand!) FB "friends"-- unless it's for business purposes, how does that happen? :haha:

If you don't want to unfriend in case people get upset, you can block individuals from seeing your posts, they'd still see you appear on their friends list but if they were even paying attention it'd just look like you haven't posted anything in a while. You can also unfollow people without unfriending - I have a couple of friends who I know irl and don't want to unfriend, however I unfollow them during Big Brother and X-Factor season as their running commentry gets a bit ott lol. I can still choose to read their wall but I don't get their statuses filling up my newsfeed.

I'm a serial unfriender :lol:
I don't feel guilty generally BUT I did unfriend a lass from school a few months back after only accepting her a couple of weeks before. Then I saw her out shopping not long ago - I hid :blush:

I delete people I never talk to and hide those it'd be awkward to delete (hubbys work colleagues!)

I feel guilty about not accepting and deleting, no confrontations so far!

I'm extremely picky about who I have on FB for the security of my children so I'll go through every other month or so and delete who I don't really talk to anymore. I've never ran into any confrontations so far except for once there was a girl that I deleted a long time ago and kept adding me and texted one of my close friends and asked why I "hated her".

I'm like this though! I can be really picky! (also i feel special Amour :haha:)

I delete people I never talk to and hide those it'd be awkward to delete (hubbys work colleagues!)

Yeah i hide people it'd be awkward to delete!

I once deleted a lass who took it badly (I wouldn't mind I didn't actually delete her, I made a new account and didn't add her). She tried to add me back, I ignored it, she messaged me several times, then got her friends to try to add and message me, then added my family and her and her friends started messaging them asking why I'd deleted her, asking where I was living now as they'd seen me around (I'd just moved back to the area). Soooo weird! They're all firmly blocked now :lol:

If you don't want to unfriend in case people get upset, you can block individuals from seeing your posts, they'd still see you appear on their friends list but if they were even paying attention it'd just look like you haven't posted anything in a while. You can also unfollow people without unfriending - I have a couple of friends who I know irl and don't want to unfriend, however I unfollow them during Big Brother and X-Factor season as their running commentry gets a bit ott lol. I can still choose to read their wall but I don't get their statuses filling up my newsfeed.

I've done that! :haha: With people I DO care about and talk to- but don't want to see their political views (blowing up my FB feed) during election season or things like that- haha. I just hide their feeds, then un-hide when it's safe ;) I've only actually deleted people I really do not know or talk to or even post on eachothers FB (if they post enough annoying or inappropriate stuff)- which, is why it shouldn't matter! LOL.

Ah, the politics of social media... :dohh:

I always feel guilty about unfriending people on Facebook too. I had to do a big clear out recently though as I was just spending ages wading through lots and lots of status updates of old acquaintances that I wasn't really interested in and were probably not interested in me either. I still have a few people on there that I can't really delete as it's not worth the fuss they'd cause, but overall it's better.

I always felt guilty about deleting people from Facebook but had loads of people on there who I no longer spoke to so last year I made a new account and only added the people I actually want on there. If anyone sends me a friend request I just decline it. That probably sounds really rude of me but I only really use FB to share photos of LO with family members that I don't see much and I don't see the point of having people on my friends list that don't bother with me anymore.

I want to delete soooo many people from my Facebook but I'm from a small town it can be political who you delete if that makes sense? So I have far too many clingers-on who are probably bored entirely of my baby posts!!

Same as. Grrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->