Facing it again.

Dona

Reaction score
I go back to work in 6 weeks time and there is something thats really bothering me....

Basically my journey started whilst taking my team meeting in the board room and having to run to the toilet thinking I had wet myself - god I wished it was just a pee. Thats the last time anyone saw me as I rushed to hospital and had Archie a week later. A couple of months in I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress and she traced the start of the shock to that toilet where everything just came away from me. The treatment has worked sort of but I dunno how I am going to face going back to the place my nightmare began.

Even the thought of going back to my desk is giving me nightmares as I have maternity leave countdown mousemat and baby things all over it.

Am I just being silly...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aww Dona - work harbours some memories for me while I was pregnant that I'd rather forget.

I can't say I was as traumatised as you as I had other issues with my realationship going on to, so I really had to fight it all out.

Is there a way you can move desks and have a new outlook on the office/job etc? Even just the little things will help - along with trying different routines etc. You may find things have changed a lot since you had Archie so you'll be so busy trying to lock on again that you won't be able to ponder on what happened.

I'm sorry, i'm hopeless with advice :(

But you ARENT being silly!!! :hugs:

Big hugs

Sand & Alex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, I don't think you are being silly either. My water went at my mum and dad's and fortunately I have not had a problem going back there. I have also visited work quite a few times, with Poppy and also without her for some 'back to work days.' These visits were helpful and helped me to get back in touch with office life!

Funnily enough the toilets at work bring back weird memories for me too, ie the smell just reminds me of being pregnant (if that makes sense!!) as obviously for almost 8 months I was in there every day (a LOT!) and it feels odd being in them and not being pregnant!

This may sound harsh, and I don't mean for it to be, but if you DO start to feel upset or traumatised when you go back, just try to think about the gorgeous little man who you have to show for it all, and hopefully he will make you feel better :hugs: It'd be a million times worse if you didn't have him waiting for you.

Anyway, I am rambling but I hope everything goes well for you.
Let us know how you get on.

I agree, its not silly at all and given everthing you have been through Im sure your work will understand if it gets to much for you. Like Sand has suggested can you maybe switch offices or re-arrange things it might help? Also ask f your return can be staggered so your slowly re-introduced to the place and role.

Are you receiving treatment (counselling) for PTS that you can be working towards how you are going to cope with your anxieties? You know we are al here for you to try and help you through such a hard time :hugs: x x

Thanks Girlies, I dunno what I would do if I never had you all! I will let you know how I get on xxxx

bless you, you are not daft at all! good luck with it, hopefully because you have been dreading it that much it wont be half as bad:hugs:

Not daft at all. Do you have a close work colleague who could clear down your desk to take away the little reminders? That might help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->