Fact? or Fiction?

ready4number1

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi there. In the 2ww but just waiting for AF. No chance of pregnancy.

Question. I read that nipple tenderness is a sign that ovulation did not take place. And that if your breasts are sore around the sides then ovulation has taken place. Fact or fiction?

Anyone get sore nipples and confirm O as well?

My nipples get sore a couple days before O and after O VERY sore. Also, the sides are sore. I notice the sides are sore when going up and down the stairs or rubbing the sides...they feel bruised. Lastly, they have gotten huge since after O.

Are these all good signs? Thanks. Baby dust to all!

Well i get sore nipples leading up to O which peak in soreness the day before. The day of O is usually a bit less painful and then it subsides. Then a day or so later i get breast tenderness in the sides and tops, rather than the nipples. They hurt to jiggle when I go upstairs or jump about. Or even when I wake up in the morning and i've been laying in one position for a while!!

This is all perfectly normal for me though. My boobs get less sore about 10dpo and less and less until AF comes at about 12-13dpo.

I don't temp every cycle, in fect, my natural signs - nipple pain etc., are so reliable, plus the fact that we're just NTNP - I just don't bother. I did temp a few cycles with this pattern though and O was confirmed the day after peak nipple pain. Check out my FF link for all my charts. :)

HTH! :)

Well i get sore nipples leading up to O which peak in soreness the day before. The day of O is usually a bit less painful and then it subsides. Then a day or so later i get breast tenderness in the sides and tops, rather than the nipples. They hurt to jiggle when I go upstairs or jump about. Or even when I wake up in the morning and i've been laying in one position for a while!!

This is all perfectly normal for me though. My boobs get less sore about 10dpo and less and less until AF comes at about 12-13dpo.

I don't temp every cycle, in fect, my natural signs - nipple pain etc., are so reliable, plus the fact that we're just NTNP - I just don't bother. I did temp a few cycles with this pattern though and O was confirmed the day after peak nipple pain. Check out my FF link for all my charts. :)

HTH! :)

Wow thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. Yaay! Okay, I will check out your charts now.

the only time my breasts ever get sore or hurt in any way, and swell, is two-three days before my period is due. this has always been the case until the cycle i fell pregnant. my breasts were swollen right after conception and has never went down since that moment. the pain is extremely minimal, and normally on the nipple area or on the sides. and id say of all the days so far, 8 have been days i had slight breast pain or discomfort. i just have swollen breasts non stop more than pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->