Failed cloth nappy wannabe...

:happydance: seeeeee ...you're thinkin about matchin cloth and outfits already...what were you sayin about not seeing the addiction??

It's no good. The other half thinks I am saving money by going washable. I'm going to have to set up a seperate bank account...

I notice that some of you actually run real nappy stores. And have links to them in your signatures. AND think it is funny.... :help:

you were warned :rofl:

now there are a couple of other places you might want too look too....
https://www.holdenslanding.com/
https://flutterbyfluff.com/

Ok Ok. I've set up a sub-folder called 'fluff' within my 'BabyStuff' folder in favourites. I give in. It's taken me 5 months to get here. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

I say, pay more and buy nappies that are beautiful too so that you are more determined. I've started to fall into more practical nappies like flips but we've been established in cloth a while already. You have to fall in love with cloth first to make it a long term commitment, especially in the beginning.

Just wanted to say thanks again for the support. We are a week in cloths now - and I think it's for keeps. Still using disposable over night, but will experiment with some real nappies at night when the disposables run out.

yep, I agree with the last few posters - do what works for you. we still use disposables at night and have no real plans to change to cloth for then. I did think about it for a while and he has worn cloth sometimes overnight, but I found his babygros didn't fasten over such a bulky nappy and I didn't want him in something that was otherwise way too big. plus for selfish reasons I didn't want him waking up because he felt wet and having to have the palaver of night changes (we've had very few night changes since he was 6 weeks+, only when he had the runs). we also use disposables when we're away from home. I see them as a convenience item, much like cartons of formula. the "all or nothing" attitude can be very unhelpful if people feel that they have to commit to it 100% or not at all. kudos to those who can/want to but it's not right for me. I love using cloth and I dislike disposables but I feel we have the right balance for our family. It's definitely a lot easier than it seems when you first start, but you get used to it and I don't find any of the nappy care to be a chore. on the contrary. :)

Almost identical to us. We've had LO in cloth since 4wks old, but never tried at night and when we go away we always take disposables (its a real eye opener though as to how many nappies you get through!). Just go with what suits you hon, no one will judge you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->