Faint BFP, breastfeeding with no AF yet...How to calculate EDD??

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a faint BFP tonight and am curious how I can know how far along I am? I'm EBF my 7 month old daughter and haven't had a period back but felt like I was ovulating a few weeks ago and my husband and I definitely DTD completely unprotected. We weren't trying to get pregnant and I honestly didn't even know he was gonna do that but yeah, here we are. I took a test because it has become basically excruciating for me to breastfeed and I had a feeling. This will be baby #3 for us. But I don't know when to go to the dr or how they'll calculate my EDD with my last menstrual period being before my daughter was conceived lol!! Anyone gone through this? Is it by blood test? Thanks!

They will probably do it by an early dating scan. I think that's the only way to know, HCG blood test wouldn't give you enough info.

Congratulations! :)

They will probably do it by an early dating scan. I think that's the only way to know, HCG blood test wouldn't give you enough info.

Congratulations! :)

Okay cool! Thanks 😀

If it's a faint bfp for your own peace of Mind ypu are perhaps 3-4 weeks so you will be due in December around the end but i agree they will do tests/early scans to check for you. X

You can add 2 weeks to when you think you ovulated and just use that date as a "last menstrual period".. and they will adjust it at your first scan!

I agree that your "LMP" should be 2 weeks before you feel you ovulated. If you tell your doctor when you think you ovulated, my practitioners try to have you in for a dating scan between 6 and 8 weeks, so you can just contact yours when you're ready to see what their policy is.

basically what the other ladies have said if you are getting faint lines you are somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks pregnant give or take. Add 2 weeks to when you think you ovulated and use that as lmp and request a dating scan. Congrats x

Great ty for the responses! I definitely have a few more weeks then before I'd need or even be accepted for a dating scan (my birthing center I used for my daughter didn't even do the first scan until 14 weeks! They tried to do as few scans as possible) And that gives me time to get much darker lines instead of these squinters lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->