**faint line on hpt and dark opks** am i pregnant??

BellaItalia78

Reaction score
So i took an hpt this morning and i believe there is a faint line, and I also took opks that are much darker... AM I PREGNANT? please help?

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/stephmccown/45E7DF46-9CEC-4BF3-8EDA-1E9FE6F2FA8B_zpsngdx9fie.jpg

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/stephmccown/2AD70A32-04DD-4EDF-870D-4B97126F9135_zps8p2kdtpc.jpg

the line looks weird - there's definitely something there (fingers crossed it gets darker!) but it looks like the dye is stronger at the bottom than the top? if you have another test, i would try another one, or wait until tomorrow morning and test again.

also, as i understand, OPKs and HPTs measure 2 different hormones, so not sure that dark OPKs are any indication of pregnancy either way...?:shrug:

I took another HPT tonight and got nothing.. Its so confusing!!! ughhhh

I am going to try and test tommorow morning again!! Thats the only time I got that is when i woke up this morning!!

i just happened across another thread where you were asking if you had ovulated or not. from this thread i was under the impression you were closer to AF, but that thread made me realize that your positive OPKs means you probably need to get to work with your husband ASAP:winkwink:

But like 09/01 i started getting POS opk.. then like 4 days later it was nothing and now the DARK OPK are the darkest I have ever seen them.. I am so confused...

i havent used OPKs (yet - going to this cycle) but you always have the hormone in your system, and it can go up and down throughout one cycle, so if they were not as dark as the control line on the 1st, then that's not positive...but the ones you posted on this thread look pretty positive to me!:thumbup:

i'm not really sure.:nope: but the line/dye is weird and not solid from top to bottom, so i'm guessing it was just a bad test strip:shrug:

Maybe... but I also had faint lines on 3 other tests just like that one, this one just happened to be darker! UGHHHHH

sounds super confusing:nope:

if AF isn't due until the 22nd, i'm guessing you're in the middle of your cycle. especially since the OPKs are positive; if you're just now ovulating, it's too early to know for this cycle...unless there's a chance you are pregnant from last month??

Hey I've crossed over from your other thread. I agree with jumpingo and your prob O'ing now so get bd'ing!!

As the hpt pic is quite blurry it's really hard to tell but could possibly be an evap or dud test. Try dipping one in water to see whether you still get a line :)

No real answer for you here sorry but I got my positive hpt because of testing with opks, I was trying to do a test with them on another thread but someone said to me that opk is too dark considering af was due a day or two later so sure enough I tested with a hpt and got my :bfp: so it is very possible for opks to pick up Hcg :D

I hope so!! I tested this morning after having 5 hours of sleep and I can't see anything :( so I am not sure, I am still getting pos opks though.. Maybe it's because I ate before I went to sleep but I BD anyway to make sure if I was ovulating because I have recieved pos opk for the last 3 days!! Ughhh I
So impatient!!!

saw you posted again in some of the other forums - wow, those OPKs are still so dark!

i know the faint positive on HPTs is throwing you off, but i would say to go off the OPKs and ignore the HPTs because the OPKs are *consistently* giving you positives, whereas the HPTs are hit or miss.

i know your signature says you are 8DPO, but still think you are just now ovulating, or just have.:shrug: do you chart or temp? do you have a FF chart you could upload? the first half of your period is not always the same length, so you could be ovulating later this cycle than usual?

you wrote in another post something about how you shouldn't be getting positives based on where you should be in your cycle, but i would be careful getting so set on where you think you "should be" because sometimes bodies do crazy stuff.:nope:

sounds like you might have to wait it out:dohh::coffee:
but i really hope you get something that is a better/clearer sign for you soon!!:flow:

I agree with Jumpingo and your probably Ovulating a bit later this month, I know the hpt has given you hope but I'd be inclined to think evap, if you could post any other pics of the other hpts you think you saw a line on we'd be happy to take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->