Fainter line at 7 weeks

Happyveggie

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone could offer some advice/hope. I took a hpt this morning just to reassure myself, but although the line came up immediately (before the control line) it was significantly fainter than the test I took at 6 weeks (today's test was fainter than the control line, last weeks was much darker). Still have symptoms but am taking progesterone so it might just be side effects of that. Yes, I know I was stupid taking a test, but am so nervous after miscarrying at 10 weeks last time. I just wanted reassurance, but instead am now filled with worry! Thanks for reading

Was it same brand of test hun? Could be to do with the time of day you took it like how much you'd had to drink that day? I know there is a point in early pregnancy where this is quite common to happen I remember a few ladies on here with this same question! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about I understand your concerns after having a loss but don't take anymore tests! If you are really really worried you could always ask to have bloods done to check your hcg levels? X

No need to worry. After six weeks or so the test can't cope and start to come out fainter. Lots of threads on here aboit it. People dilute their wee and then try in later stages. Apparently that works!!

Thank you both for the replies. Yes it was exactly the same brand of test. That's interesting to know they can get fainter after 6 weeks. I will google. Am trying not to worry as the line appeared straight away before the control line, but I can't help it after what happened before. My GP is meant to be arranging an early scan for reassurance. I will update although I don't have a date yet

Good luck but honestly hpts are no good passed 6 weeks. X

Ok thanks so much ladies, I will try my best not to worry!!!

I never knew about the 6 week rule, I swore I wasn't going to do any more but then I found out Poundland sell them.....

With my first pregnancy I did one last test at 8 weeks and completely freaked out because the line was so much lighter than all my previous tests (it was a frer so I was expecting a great line) it got me so worried and everything was perfect!

Try not to test anymore :hugs: it just causes worry and upset

After 6 weeks my FRER tests were all over the map. Once you "max" them out they can't cope as the previous poster said. I had very dark lines at 14DPO and my hCG was only 203. Imagine how much more hCG is in the system four weeks later. I know it's hard to stop testing before you have the first scan though. I also heard of ladies diluting their urine and tests turning darker. I believe it's called the "hook effect."

It's true! I'll try and attach a photo. Got home from work and tested with diluted urine, immediately super strong line much darker than the control line.

Sorry for poor light in photo. The top test is this morning's, the second is about 50 % wee 50% water, the bottom super strong line is about 90% water.

Thanks for all your support ladies, I was so worried! Needless to say I won't be testing again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 13
Glad you feel better! Your hCG is off the charts, now step away from the pee sticks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->