Fairground vs Theme Park

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
Does anyone else worry about going on fairground rides or theme parks?

For some reason, my safety is of no concern when i'm at a theme park. I don't worry about the rides being safe. But when it comes to fairgrounds, I do. For some reason I worry whether they've been checked properly and whether they're as secure as theme park rides (in their safety checks).

I think its because they're on the road and they move around so it makes me wonder if they're just propped up without being fully serviced.

How do you ladies feel about this?

I'm just asking because i'm considering going to a fair on friday and they have some rides which I love in a theme park but the idea of me going on them there makes me nervous :wacko:

I do worry a little too but I love rides so still go on them lol....so do the kids. accidents do happen but very rare x

I'm even worse, I only trust Alton Towers :rofl:

My brother used to work with a fair putting their rides together, after watching them do it one day when the fair came back localy i would never go on a fair ground ride again.
Im sure alot are much safer and not all like this but you cant know for sure.
They where putting rides up with bolts missing, temp diy fix it jobs,not checking things where tight and some things where just so worn it was scary.
They also had kids building the rides and working on them.
Like i say they may not all be like that but it just put me off.
The prices scare me more then anything.

I used to work at thorpe park about 13 years ago (now i just made myself feel sad and old) and the safety checks where so strict, everyone had to be trained and everything is monitered with computers looking for potential problems

when i was younger we had a fair in town and there was a ride similar to the waltzers and a girl I knew her car flew off - she spent about 6 weeks in hospital and very nearly died, im pretty sure some by standers were also injured - I dont go on them anymore .... but i will go on rollercoasters. xxx

I am very wary of fairground rides... We go maybe once a year...... I am scared of theme parks too, but that is only because I don't like fast rides, LOL........

Theme Parks I don't worry about it's the fairgrounds I worry about and don't go on the rides, I just play the prize games and eat rubbish all day/night!

Theme Parks I never go on the big rides and only the water ones or child ones, I hate the big ones haha ;).

So think I'm a bit warey about them both to be honest. I'm the bag/coat holder/carer when we go with a group of people ;) haha.

I wouldn't go on a fairground ride, I worry to much about their safety, I only trust the big theme parks.
X

I shit myself on any ride but would more so on a fair one x

I have the smallest doubt in my mind when I'm at a theam park but at a fairground I'm on the ride constantly worrying and my mind will keep repeating "you're gunna die, you're gunna die) I don't know what it is that makes me have a second go lol

I trust theme park rides and do not really think about safety but i wouldn't go on a fairground ride now. I worry too much about there safety checks and how they put the rides together

I don't like them at all - I'm a wimp! lol :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->