Falling over - very strange!

CeliaM

Pregnant mom of 2
Reaction score
Once each day for the last 2 days, when my 5yr old has had and upset (once because his friends weren't sharing the trampoline, the next time because his sister pushed him), he's fallen down after really oddly.

When he's sobbing, it's like his legs just give out and he falls backwards. Doesn't lose consciousness or anything, but it scares me silly. Both times I thought he was in immense pain with a broken limb. But it's like his emotions are just out of control, and he collapses. It's quite dangerous, as he could easily hurt his head with the way he just drops. Thankfully, he just missed the cement and landed on the grass the first time it happened. And he doesn't regain control of his emotions easily after, complaining that he can't get himself to stop crying.

Has anyone had this happen to their kid? I'm ready to call the pediatricians office tomorrow to request an MRI! Maybe a bit drastic, but it's frightened me!:cry:

Have never heard of it but recently a paediatrician told me that when children cry they can hold their breath and almost pass out.

As its a new thing, I would make a dr's appointment to get it checked out..xx

Hallie gives me scares alot, she like mamafy just said holds her breath mid cry with her mouth wide open and nothing will come out for a good 20 seconds. Also if she gets told NO she will just fall flat were she is head first into the floor in a tantrum :shock:

My son can throw himself down after a paddy, he doesnt care where he is, he thrashes about and could hurt himself or others. Its not til after the temper has cooled that he feels sorry and really sad.
At 3 he would kick scream, bite, punch out, spit and flail about on the floor. He still (at 9) hits his head if he gets frustrated.
He was diognosed with ADHD at 6, but the signs were there from very early on, it was not a sudden change of behavour.

I do notice in all my children not just him how food usually squash or juice effects their behaviour, has you son had anything different recently?? It may be a reaction to something new he has tried, you could try stopping one thing at a time if the behaviour continues to see if it changes, it will happen as fast as the same day to get better.
Also dont rule out things like apples or natural things as they can all make a difference, i assumed because something grew and was 'natural' it would be ok, but its not always like that!

Hope you son is ok,

:baby:thinkpink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"