Falling....

odouglass

Reaction score
Hey All--

Yesterday after leaving my 25 week appointment, I twisted my ankle and fell on my knees in the parking lot. My husband was there and helped me up, I am good except for a bruised foot. Baby has been moving normally and I didn't hit my stomach or anything. Should I be worried?

If you have concerns then see the doc about it to get a check up.... but they're pretty protected in there. But if that happened to me id go for a check up. Hope you're ok! Sounds like a nasty fall!

Thanks! I think I am good, no bleeding or cramping. My legs were weak yesterday and one finally gave out on me. Thank goodness my husband was there to help me up and ensure that I was okay. He was a little freaked out.... :( If I notice any of the above or him moving less I will call. My doctor is leaving tomorrow for Greece for 10 days!

Your baby should be fine, although you might want to check that your ankle is okay.

I think every pregnant woman I have ever known had falling down stairs/moutains (not the whole way, obviously), slipped on ice/snow, etc. It's almost like a rite of passage. :haha:

Last pregnancy I slipped in the winter. It popped or cracked. I thought I probably sprained it, but tbh, it never got 100% better. Not to scare you. Just maybe you should ask the doctor about it or get physio instead of ignoring it like I did because you're more prone to injuries while pregnant.

Injuries are scary during pregnancy, but as someone previously mentioned babies are well protected inside the stomach. The fact that no trauma was directed to the stomach would be a good sign that your baby was unaffected. I would however be extra careful to keep an eye out on your legs and ankles. Any signs of something being wrong should be taken serious especially being pregnant. Not every injury is visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->