False BFP??

missranda

Waiting on a Miracle
Reaction score
I have no idea where I am at in my cycle as I'm quite irregular when not taking Clomid or Femara.

For whatever reason I've just had this "feeling" that I need to take test. Every other day or so for the past week I've been taking dollar tree tests. I wasn't planning on testing today, as I tested yesterday with a BFN and was going to wait until tomorrow. I tested with FMU today anyway and got a dark BFP. I was in total shock. We have been ttc our first for many years. A few hours go by and I realize that I left my cup of pee on the bathroom sink. So I decided to use up my last dollar tree test only to get a BFN. How is this possible?

Later I went to the store and picked up a pack of clearblue digis with weeks estimator. I took one about an hour ago only to receive another BFN.

I've already posted my BFP announcement and am now embarrassed. Wth is going on?

20160713_191922.jpg

Typically hCG is strongest first thing in the morning which makes a difference. Also I just read that false positives are a lot less likely than a false negative. Maybe wait a few more days then test again using FMU?

Both of the tests in the picture came from the same cup of urine (FMU) today. They were just taken hours apart. I am so confused because one test is a strong positive and the other is very negative.

It looks like those are wondflo brands. If that is the case, then some of them from certain lot numbers were giving false positive results.

No, not wondfo. They are from the dollar tree. I took them out of the case for picture purposes. I have had trouble with wondfos in the past. Thanks though.

I read some where that leaving the urine for a few hours can make a difference... I'm not sure why or if it's really true. But that could be why you had a negative with the second test. I would test again in the morning! Good luck!

Eta: I feel like I see a faint line on the bottom test too!

I had a mixure of BFN and BFP when I was testing all with same urine but different brands of tests. I finally got two BFP so I was happy. But the really cheap ones I got all showed BFN even though I was pregnant. Head to the doctors for a blood test to be sure. Good luck!

Oh and aparently false positives are very rare!!

I would agree that false positives are rare

Can you get a FRER? It's understandable you're confused and frustrated but I don't think you're out yet. A false positive is very rare. It might just be that your tests have different sensitivities (they can vary even within the same brand) or the urine deteriorated while sitting out. So I'd test again with a FRER in the morning. Best of luck!

I have a an appt next Friday (22nd) to check a cyst they found 3 months ago. I'm holding out til then for the doctor. Took a first signal cheapie test this morning and BFN. I'm going to try to wait a few days before I test again. I will keep you ladies updated. If I could just get one more BFP I would believe it. I've had bad luck with FRER in the past so I try to stay away from that brand too.

Which brand were they from dollar tree? I just got awesome results from the Veriquick ones they sell.

Good luck, I used a new choice from dollar tree with fmu and got my first bfp, then used a frer 12 hours later and it was for sure positive, not even a squinter(my dh saw it and he refuses to squint). If you got a positive on the dollar tree, try a frer!

I know they have like three brands now at the dollar tree. It was the ones at the front checkout in the smaller boxes. I can't remember the name but veriquick sounds familiar and may be the BFP test. I just want to duplicate my result ahh. I don't trust FRERs so I won't getting those. Thanks for the input ladies.

Yep, they have those ones at the checkout. That's the one I had luck with. Are both of those tests the same brand?

I just read your original post again and I saw on here that a lot of ladies say that the digitals are as sensitive.

One of the tests may have been one of the other dollar tree brands. I'm not sure though. I think I'm going to pick up some more of the veryquick brand and see if I can get another positive.

Keep us updated! I took mine in the afternoon, didn't have a whole lot to drink and it was still a faint positive and I was around 11dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->