False BFP??

Perhaps it is just very early on. According to what I have read Hcg does have a half life and will deteriorate over time if the urine is left out. If you are in the early stages of pregnancy the hormone is likely not always strong enough to be detected. Wait a few days and test again. False positives are very rare.

Following. I'm curious how this turns out. I agree false positives are rare. Good luck

Hopefully they're rare enough not to happen to me. Feeling super anxious and expecting disappointment. Don't worry, I will continue to come back to this thread to update until I have a definitive answer.

This mornings test I used the same brand and received a BFN. I'm not surprised. Looks like I am a rare case of a false positive. Thanks for the support ladies.

Shocking :( im sorry this happened x

So sorry you've had this experience. Did you speak to your doctor about it?

No, I already have an appt next friday so I'm just going to wait until then.

Have you done a digital test yet? They will pick up the hormone if it's there and tell you in black and white "pregnant" or "not pregnant"

I did a few days ago... it came up negative. I took a line test this morning and it was def negative. I'm sure at this point that the test 4 days ago was a false positive.

Unfortunately, cysts can cause false positives....
"Ovarian Cysts
Corpus luteum cysts on the ovaries can cause false positives on pregnancy tests. The corpus luteum remains on the ovary after the egg is released. With time, it disintegrates and the cycle is repeated. If the corpus luteum fills with blood or fluid, it becomes a cyst and remains on the ovary. The corpus luteum produces HCG, and can therefore interfere with the accuracy of a pregnancy test."

After all these years, nobody has ever given me that information about cysts. Looks like I will not be taking HPTs ever again. Thank you so much. I had a false positive 3-4 years ago also which I now realize was cyst related as well. It now makes more sense.

What a shocker! That test is so positive- it's not like it was an evap line.

Sorry lovely xx

At today's appt, they checked on a 2.7 cm cyst found in april earlier this year and it is now 2 cm. Slowly but surely it is resolving on its own. This should be "good" news to me but I just wish it'd go away already. Thanks for the support ladies.

I'm so sorry you got a false pos. they are the cruelest because you can't help getting your hopes up ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->