false smiley face on cb ovulation test

Josie1999

pregnant after loss
Reaction score
hi everyone,

i am cd11 and i got a smiley face at 10 am (usually i surge between 930 am and 12 pm and then again between 5 pm and 10 pm). So my question is can i have a false smiley or a short surge.

i tested yesterday at 9am and again at 9pm and had no smiley; tested again today at 10am ( not my first morning pee) and had a smiley. then i tested again 5 hrs later and no smiley.

i am confused???

It is possible that you had a short surge for sure. Its not always the same every month. It could have been you surged shortly after you pm test and so it was actually longer than 5 hours. Or maybe your second test your urine wasn't as concentrated. I would take it as a positive though. I don't know that you can have a "false smilely" I know you could get a positive but not ovulate but I think the surge has to happen to get the positive.

I have used these test before and I'm going back to them. The thing about those test is that once you get a smiley you will not get another one unless your LH surge is higher than the last one. With that being said if you end up having to use them again next month make sure you throw away the reader. Thats why they don't sell refills for them. I have made this mistake and I never got a smiley the next month although I did O. I usually back them up with the cheap Wondfo tests just to make sure.

So I don't think you had a false smiley. That was your surge. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP!

:dust:

thank you all for the responses...i actually back them up with the cbfm and its my third cycle and the monitor is only giving me a high reading from cd10 to this morning cd12. Usually the day after a "smiley" i get a peak! all very strange to me!

i always throw out my reader after the pack is gone!

so i tested all day monday (yesterday) and had negatives, but today i registered a positive...so i had smiley face cd 11 and cd13. Hopefully i ovulate between today and tommorrow.

I had a smiley on Monday (June 4th) but my Wondfos weren't convincing lines. In my case I think it was a fluke, but I guess we'll know in a few weeks. I'm sick so BDing hasn't happened lately.

how do you know that the reader will only pick up the LH surge if it is higher than the previous test? i have used the same reader for 2 cycles and never had an issue; i use them to confirm a internet cheapie test.....and one cycle i used both in conjuction and watched my internet cheapie tests lighten (but still positive) and I was still getting a smiley face....and surely by that point i would have had less LH in my system? . did you call the company?

how do you know that the reader will only pick up the LH surge if it is higher than the previous test? i have used the same reader for 2 cycles and never had an issue; i use them to confirm a internet cheapie test.....and one cycle i used both in conjuction and watched my internet cheapie tests lighten (but still positive) and I was still getting a smiley face....and surely by that point i would have had less LH in my system? . did you call the company?

I did call the company and I believe it also says it in the instructions. Thats why they don't sell refills. :shrug: Maybe sometimes it's ok to use it more than one cycle but I do know that it didn't work for me. I found out because it didn't show my surge one month after already using it the month prior. I was testing twice a day that month because of course it was important for me to catch that surge.

intersting....i guess i have gotten luckey and caught the highest point of my surge second time around! thanks for the info! good thing i rely more on my internet cheapies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->