Families and Vehicles

rjm09

kcm12
Reaction score
Back about 5 years ago, I started taking my 70 Camaro to the car shows. I used to see car seats in alot of the classics, and just couldn't believe it! I always thought to myself "that'll NEVER happen with MY Camaro"!! Well, now I have a wonderful husband, and a little one of my own, and now have a car seat in it!!

We cruise to the car shows in the Camaro, and our 82 TransAm, but even if we had another lo, there would still be room enough in our classic coupes to bring the whole family in one car if we wanted.

Minivans have become typical of the big familes, even nowadays with alot of SUV's nout there, and I can't understand why?!

Now we have a fleet of vehicles ourselves, because we're car freaks!! They're our passion!

we've got a 02 neon, a 98 Saturn SL, those we use for work, we work half hour from home, so they're the gas savers, but hubbys neon is currently down and being worked on, so we have a 95 Subaru legacy wagon he's using right now, it's eventually going to my 18yr old sister, cause we got a 05 Saturn Vue last summer for our family vehicle.

Just wondering what vehicles you ladies use, how big the family is for them, whatever :)

I have a 3 door K reg VW polo... Think that makes it 1994?!? Its called scrappy but i love the bloody thing :)
Its just me, LO and my otherhalf..
All my mates laugh at me but pfffft to them.. Mummy and daddy got them their cars!!
This is all i could afford.

Everyone else in my family have new cars but i dont like new cars.. Ide fall head over heals for an original mini.. Or a new one - thats the only new car i like!!

But ide love a subaru, dodge ram or a viper with a V8 engine :D
Xx

my OH has a toyota corolla P reg (1999) its a scrap heap but it was his granddads car and the last thing his granddad gave him before he passed away so my OH will run it into the ground before he buys a new one but its big enough for OH, me, Morgan and my dog so it does us fine
i am learning to drive at moment so dont have a car ... yet :haha:

We drive a jeep wrangler. Definitely not a 'family' vehicle but it's my baby and I'm not giving it up. Emma is even still rearfacing in it and that is the most important thing for me. :D

If we decide to have 3 kids we'll have to get a bigger vehicle though because the jeep is just a 4 seater.

Oh yeah. Also wanted to add, we just sold off our 78 and 79 trans ams. :( They were fixer uppers and everything else kept popping up so we didn't have time to work on them and didn't feel it was right to just leave them sitting to rot. I LOVE trans ams. 70s style not 80s. Hopefully someday we'll get one again.

Oh yeah. Also wanted to add, we just sold off our 78 and 79 trans ams. :( They were fixer uppers and everything else kept popping up so we didn't have time to work on them and didn't feel it was right to just leave them sitting to rot. I LOVE trans ams. 70s style not 80s. Hopefully someday we'll get one again.

Hopefully someday :) I LOVE 70's classic muscle cars!! The 80's just don't feel Classic to me, probably cause I was born in the 80s!!

We currently have a 2002 Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed :) we love it... great for being out here in the bush like we are :)
But just upgrading to a V8 Holden Commodore Wagon (as we are moving back tot he Gold Coast so need something a little better on fuel :)

1st pic is our new Commodore :) i love it.. v8 - lowered, 20" rims deep dish :) Tinted windows :) Nommy nommy :)

2nd pic is our current baby :) Pajero - Straight 6 top of the range full leather and wood grain interior tinted windows... LOVE this car.. but needs to go :( Heart breaking... Hope you all like :)

Attachments

• 11278211.jpg
    11278211.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Pajero Sale  (2)-2.jpg
    Pajero Sale (2)-2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 3
I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. 4 doors, 5 seats. There's 3 of us and it works great for my family. :D

1.JPG2.jpg

We currently have a 2002 Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed :) we love it... great for being out here in the bush like we are :)
But just upgrading to a V8 Holden Commodore Wagon (as we are moving back tot he Gold Coast so need something a little better on fuel :)

1st pic is our new Commodore :) i love it.. v8 - lowered, 20" rims deep dish :) Tinted windows :) Nommy nommy :)

2nd pic is our current baby :) Pajero - Straight 6 top of the range full leather and wood grain interior tinted windows... LOVE this car.. but needs to go :( Heart breaking... Hope you all like :)

That has got to be the most unique looking grill guard I have ever seen! lol! It goes IN the bumper!!!

Here's my rides, the ones that loaded anyways.

Attachments

• SANY8391.jpg
    SANY8391.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PICT0189.jpg
    PICT0189.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2
  • SANY0043.jpg
    SANY0043.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2
  • SANY0376.jpg
    SANY0376.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2
:rofl: I love that you gave him a boy name. My DH refuses to ever give our vehicles boy names because he says they are all girls. :dohh: My jeep is named Chloe. I have no idea why. :rofl:

:rofl: I love that you gave him a boy name. My DH refuses to ever give our vehicles boy names because he says they are all girls. :dohh: My jeep is named Chloe. I have no idea why. :rofl:

Um...it's a mechanical reason with us whether they're boys or girls. If they have a "driveshaft" they're boys ;)

Chloe's a cute name, fits (least to us) if its not a 4x4

They all have names cause they're all members of our family!! Tommy, Kit, Wagon( off the road in our barn awaiting frame repair someday :( ), Whitey, Blizzard, Satty, Midnight, and the 2 motorcycles,lil Kitty, lil Birdie.

Ahhh well the jeep is definitely a 4x4. DH just says they are all girls. I'll have to mention the driveshaft thing to him. :haha: He's a car guy too so you'd think he would know that. :D We've had so many vehicles over the years. I swear he likes to just collect them in the yard sometimes. His idea of the perfect day is to traipse around the junkyard. I used to enjoy it but I've drawn the line now that I have a 1 year old that gets dragged along. :lol:

Well now Chloe's gonna be a lil confused,lol! Wish I could take more trips round the JY myself, just can't with the little one, thank goodness for Craigslist!

We have a 57 ref grande punto. For me, OH, 7 yr old daughter and 7 month old son.

It is not big enough, we struggle to get the pushchair in the boot. We cannot afford a bigger car at the mo thou;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->