Family announcement ideas?

Quicksand

Reaction score
So my hubby and I are expecting our first :baby: and we're trying to think of a cute way to tell our immediate family and close friends. We always have a get together right after new years (which would put me right at 2nd trimester) so we were thinking of sharing the news then. However, our creative ideas are lacking. Last year they were asking if we were gonna make an announcement, so I want to do something more low key, otherwise they'll know something is up as soon as we ask for everyone's attention lol ....Any ideas? :flower:

A tshirt of some kind might be subtle, so you don't draw attention but people will eventually notice. If your trying to be low key that might work well.

I was hoping to hold out until after my scan all being well and slot it into either the xmas cards or one of my little boys books which I would ask my mum to read him!

Set up for a group photo, but have the video rolling. Tell everyone to smile and say, "Janie's ( <- insert your actual name here) pregnant!" You'll catch them off guard and get their reactions on film.

Set up for a group photo, but have the video rolling. Tell everyone to smile and say, "Janie's ( <- insert your actual name here) pregnant!" You'll catch them off guard and get their reactions on film.

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this idea! I might have to try it at Thanksgiving! If we can't make that work, then I'll probably also opt for something more subtle, like just trying to work it into conversation all casual like. :)

When we announced our first, we did it at family birthday get-togethers. So we just signed the card, "From, Daniel, Rachael, and baby" then waited for the reaction. It was really fun with my family because it was my brother who got the card first but he didn't notice the signature! Then he passed it around and two more people missed it! Finally my SIL was like, "WHAT!? DID YOU GUYS SEE THIS!!!?" It was priceless.

My hubby and I ordered fortune cookies with fortunes that said "you'll meet a new friend soon" and "now is the time to congratulate a family member" and they were so subtle that my family didn't get it at first. Luckily it was my dad's birthday and we put Happy Birthday Vavu *which means grandpa in Portuguese. It's good to have a backup plan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->