Family vegi recipes

marley2580

Reaction score
I'm looking for some new ideas for family recipes. I won't cook meat so they have to be meat free, but I've got a fussy OH who doesn't like things like lentils or kidney beans.

Try veggi lasania? Just look up the recipe on any italian website. I use lasania noodles, spaghetti sauce and ricotta cheese. It calls for meat of course but replace it with spinich, eggplant, mushrooms, tofu, or meat substitute. If u like it on a pizza just throw it in between the layers. Enjoy. Pm me if u want a full recipe.

Veggie enchiladas--
Ingredients...
8 tortillas
Whatever veggies you want to use (I use peppers,courgette,carrotts,mushrooms and whatever else I have hanging around)
Quorn pieces/mince (optional)
Tomatoes
Grated cheese

Ok so really all you do is make like a bolognese mix out of the veggies and some of the tomato (and if you want them to be spicy some cayenne pepper)and then roll up in the tortillas.
Put the rolled tortillas into a baking tray
You'll need like a tomato sauce to pour over the tortillas until they are covered.
I just use chopped tinned tomatos,basil,a little bit of garlic and some tomato puree.
Pour sauce over tortillas and then cover with grated cheese
This doesnt need to be cooked for too long,maybe 25 minutes

Pinneaple Thai Curry
Ingredients-
A tin of pinneapple (sp?)
Coconut milk
Cream/creme fraiche
chopped tomatos
Any veggies you want to add
Cayenne pepper

Mix together the coconut milk,some cayenne pepper,the pinneaple and the chopped tomatos (also if you want to add Quorn or veggies do that now) in a saucepan and cook.
If youre not using any veggies or Quorn this will be really quick (about 15 minutes) or if you are using Quorn or veggies just cook until they are tender.
The sauce will probably be quite thin at the moment so this is why you need to add either double cream or creme fraiche,add that now and stir until its the right consistency (About the consistency of a korma)
Serve with rice/noodles or whatever else you want to serve it with
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"