FAO The Men...

fearofflying

Reaction score
Any of you men ever get worried about the actual labour stage? I have decided not to cut the umbilical cord as I'm a big girl and will more then likely faint. This ever happened to anyone during the labour?

Today Sam (my oh) showed me an irregular bump in her stomach and that was enough to put me off my dinner:blush:

My OH has never cut the cord, but i have sections and the first time he stood there and went deathly white when they was cutting me, so i understood why he dident want to.

I don't think I could cut the cord, the OH has asked me if I will want to but I'd probably pass out - as it she keeps comparing me to the tv advert where the guy with the camera faints....and telling everyone that will be me, it's bad enough when I have to go to the vets - I've told her I'll be strong and fine but secretly I really don't know how I will handle it.

My OH wont use the computer but he said to say.........

"its all yuck! i coudlnt cut the cord with any of mine (i have 4 so far) and i stayed up the head end......except with the last one because my missus had a home birth and the 2nd midwife didnt show up so i had to help!
I still didnt look tho (but dont tell anyone :rofl: ) it would put me right off it.
the thought of seeing the missus with the baby is the only thing that gets me through it
"

My boyfriend says he's sticking up at the head end, I think he wants to cut the cord, I just hope he doesn't b*tch out haha.. he works doing plumbing/drains/sewers so I'm sure that he's seen nastier.

To be honest though he finds "girl stuff" nasty even though he sees cockroaches and poop all day at work.

My poor OH is terrified of the birth :( He's choosing not to cut the cord either.

My god. My oh i think wants to take over the midwifes job :rofl:, i told him n my mum they are staying up my head end all the way through but he won't have none of it haha. He wants to cut the cord aswell.

my oh wont come to the keyboard but he says...
now way am i cutting a slimey cord, its some weird tradition he doesnt want to be part of lol
and will definetly be at the head end and thats the mrs's head end just to be clear lol.

he's gone a bit a pale saying that, he's gonna be great fun and help isnt he... lol
xx

I asked my OH there would be cut the cord and he simply said "no just give me the baby" lol

I don't want my OH to cut the cord nor does he want to it. I had never heard of it being done before I started on BnB, I think it has questionable roots...

It might be the least of your worries. My brother delivered his 3rd son on the bathroom floor and my SIL only lasted about 10 mins and the MW couldn't get there! She talked him through it on the phone.

My OH cut the cord!!! He also watched the whole birth, he said it was the most amazing thing he has ever seen (he also said it was the most discusting thing too lol). He was too excited and proud to faint really lol

my oh wont come to the keyboard but he says...
now way am i cutting a slimey cord, its some weird tradition he doesnt want to be part of lol
and will definetly be at the head end and thats the mrs's head end just to be clear lol.

he's gone a bit a pale saying that, he's gonna be great fun and help isnt he... lol
xx

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back