Farleys/Heinz/Disability Allowance Q

Shireena__x

In My Own Little World
Reaction score
DD Has Reflux (mommy diagnosed then doctor recognised :duhh:) due to hospital fobbing us off and telling me oh its just the milk and such and such. put her on this milk and although shes stil sicky sicky sicky shes not sicky sicky sicky sicky & the projectile vomiting has stopped.

well they now have a sensetive tummy's batch however not in ready made version and we need some ready made version for creche as they arent allowed to make it.

so now on to my question(s)

as im going to put her on 6mnths+ should i put her on sesetive tummys 6mnths+ or the normal one?

sensetive = (no ready made formula)

or should i just leave her on the 1st stage batch because you can leave them on there tiill there 12m :S

also i read in a post before somebody geting disabily alowance cause there baby had reflux to kind off add on for the milk they was buying...this would be fantastic but was she callin porkys or could i apply???

cause its not actrully a disaility however the £ is needed :S:S:S
xx

I would say to keep her on the sensitive tummy formula. If they aren't able to make it up at creche, could you make it up at home as you usually do, then have them re heat it?

I don't think it's disability allowance that you'll get. I think babies with significant reflux tend to get the special formula they need on prescription from the doctor, just ask him/her.

i dont think you'll get DLA, but as said above, you can get special formula on prescription. can you not just keep her on the milk she's on and make it up in batches and put it in the fridge til its needed?

Yeah sorry to say that I agree with the others, its unlikely you'll get DLA but if your babies reflux is significant enough they should get special milk on prescription

even when a child is severly disabled you would not get DLA until they were 4 maybe 5..

My child is one and she has Spina Bifida.. I've been getting DLA for her since she was 3 months.

Its the Mobility component you're talking about Stephwiggy. The care component they get from 3 months old.

My child is one and she has Spina Bifida.. I've been getting DLA for her since she was 3 months.

Its the Mobility component you're talking about Stephwiggy. The care component they get from 3 months old.

that makes sence lol thanks xx

A child will only be awarded DLA if you can show that his or her needs are much greater than other children of the same age and that those needs require substantially more supervision or attention. I don't think reflux would fit this criteria.

I would ask the GP for advice on changing milk, as you don't want to make things worse for LO. You could explain the need for ready made milk. Have you asked the creche if they will make an exception for medical reasons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->