Fast Digestion??

JennyOwens

Pregnant - 2nd time round
Reaction score
Hiya

I've been feeding Dylan sweet potato for lunch for the last few days and although he seems to like it and has no bad reactions it does seem to appear in his nappy VERY quickly. This morning (11:30) I fed him some with carrot and by about 3 or 4pm it was in his nappy...in pretty much the same state as when it went in. (Sorry! TMI!)

Shouldn't it have taken a bit longer? Changed state or colour or something?

He also has a bit of baby rice and baby porridge at different times of day but I can't tell how fast that is digested as it has no colour.

Someone told me before I gave birth that I would become obsessed by the contents of LO's nappies - they weren't wrong!!

Are you sure it wasn't just the sweet potato? Usually it takes Colton approx. 24 hours to pass what he has eaten. And it's usually still orange like the food he ate. I was reading a baby thing I got in the mail and it said you can expect that, especially with oranges/yellows. The greens you probably wont notice as much (even purples, etc when you get into them)

Thanks MarchBaby,

I was expecting it to be orange but I was expecting it to look a little different to the state in which he ate it!

When you say "It could just be the sweet potato" do you mean that it could be causing him trouble digesting it? Have you heard of that sort of thing before?

Thanks for the reply
x

Was it all completely orange? I'm not sure. Colton's is always orange mixed in with his regular poo. (sorry TMI)
No, I didn't mean he was having trouble digesting it. When you said that you fed him sweet potatoes the day before (or a couple days before), then carrots today, I just thought instead of the carrots maybe it was the sweet potato from before. Although, you would be able to tell better because carrots are darker orange than the sweet potato.
I think one of the first things you look for when they dont settle good with food is if they are getting diarhhea. If the carrots are coming out just as running as they are aswell, then I might hold off feeding more to him.

I dont know though, someone else may be able to help better because I dont think I've ever seen a baby who would poop out what he ate that fast, but every baby is different and it may be normal for him.
But I have to go.. looks like talking about poo transmitted signals to the little stinker next to me! :rofl:

Are you sure it wasn't just the sweet potato? Usually it takes Colton approx. 24 hours to pass what he has eaten. And it's usually still orange like the food he ate. I was reading a baby thing I got in the mail and it said you can expect that, especially with oranges/yellows. The greens you probably wont notice as much (even purples, etc when you get into them)

That's what I was thinking...Sam's usually comes out looking just like it did when it went in but usually about 24 hours after his meal (sometimes during his meals the next day :rofl:)...so maybe it was from the day before? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->