Fasting diet...

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
I've just started this diet today. I'm quite excited about it as its now 8.30pm and I've stuck to it all day! I'm the worlds worst dieter, always start on a Monday and give in to chocolate by 11am, I don't even feel hungry!

Before anyone tells me it's a bad, faddy diet I've researched it and I've found nothing but good things about it from health experts, doctors and dieticians.
Studies have shown from long term intermittent fasting you can live longer and generally be healthier.

You can do the 5:2 diet, 5 days of 1800 cals and 2 days of 400cals but I'm going to try every other day. That's 3 or 4 days per week of just eating normal calorie intake and 400 the rest of the time.

I never lose weight in the first 2 weeks so I'm hoping for results this time! I've only 7 lbs to shift but its always the worst amount to get rid of!

Good luck to anyone on a diet!!

Hiya! I've just started this diet this week too. I'm doing alternate day fasting but I've put 3 fasting days in and 4normal calorie intake days.

I totally get wat u mean about not sticking to normal diets and I would normally give in too but with this one it's short bursts and I've read nothing bad about this diet either. I have downloaded the "my fitness pal app" on iPhone and it's really good for counting the calories you eat and it'll even let u scan in the barcode to find the calories.

All the best for your diet :) x

Hiya! I've just started this diet this week too. I'm doing alternate day fasting but I've put 3 fasting days in and 4normal calorie intake days.

I totally get wat u mean about not sticking to normal diets and I would normally give in too but with this one it's short bursts and I've read nothing bad about this diet either. I have downloaded the "my fitness pal app" on iPhone and it's really good for counting the calories you eat and it'll even let u scan in the barcode to find the calories.

All the best for your diet :) x

Oh my gawd!!

You are me!! I'm doing alternate days too! I had a huge Roast dinner last Sunday so thought I'd do my first fast on the Monday. It kind of made a change as I always start on a Monday and just fail by lunch time. I think limiting my cals to diet amount 1200 or so makes me more hungry for some reason, I'm better off not eating! So the 400 days have been so easy, I'm really surprised that I'm managing! I'm really scared to eat 2000 on the other days though, like I'm sabotaging myself ha!
ALSO... I downloaded my fitness pal too, so easy keeping track of what I'm eating!
What are you eating food wise on the fasting days? I've found a chicken soup at sainsburys that's 200 for a big pot so I half it and that's 2 meals then I've been snacking with ryvitas and fruit.
I've not an awful lot to lose but it seems to be that small amount that's my nemesis! Just over a half stone will be fab although I reckon I've lost 3 this week which when I've got into diets before its taken 2 weeks before I lose anything!
All I've read is good stuff about this diet!!

I'm a vegetarian well a pescesarian! And a really fussy eater to add to that! I'm addicted to my carbs to be honest. So on my fasting days I've just been having a salad sandwich or a jacket potato. I'm snacking on fruit etc too and have lost about 2lbs this week but unlike u I have loads to lose! I have pcos so I find it really difficult but I've lost weight before and will kick my arse into gear to do it again :) I hope!!

Keep me posted how ur getting on :)

Hi not doing this diet but wanted to wish you gl and happy weight loss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->