fathers day gift ideas

painted_pony

Reaction score
Well with mothers day just around the corner, I figure that I should get an idea on what to do for a fathers day gift. I'm thinking about getting my husband an engraved ring. His wedding band has seen better days since he's a mechanic, its been pretty beat up. There's a lot of options on what to engrave on a ring..plus some rings can have both sides engraved.

Do you think a guy would prefer a band with engraving on just the inside or both inside/outside?

Any ideas on writing? I was thinking about my name, our sons name and my husbands name. Or, just our sons name and birthdate.

What a thoughtful gift!! At first I was going to say just to engrave your LO's name since it is a father's day gift, but if it is to replace his wedding band I'd say go for all three of your names. :) My OH just told me men would prefer the writing on the inside- especially since he is a mechanic. That way no matter what, the engraving won't be scratched off. Research Titanium bands. They withstand alllll sorts of manly job torture. :D Good luck ^_^

ETA: https://www.zales.com/product/index...CSE_GoogleBase&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=2975964

Just a suggestion in case you go the titanium route. :)

What a thoughtful gift!! At first I was going to say just to engrave your LO's name since it is a father's day gift, but if it is to replace his wedding band I'd say go for all three of your names. :) My OH just told me men would prefer the writing on the inside- especially since he is a mechanic. That way no matter what, the engraving won't be scratched off. Research Titanium bands. They withstand alllll sorts of manly job torture. :D Good luck ^_^

ETA: https://www.zales.com/product/index...CSE_GoogleBase&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=2975964

Just a suggestion in case you go the titanium route. :)

Thank you! I figured a guy would rather have the writing on the inside, but it truly does help to hear a man's thoughts about the engraving. If our names weren't so long I could write more on the ring than our names, but I can't change that part.

I actually figured out that you can get custom engraved military issue dog tags. My husband is army...maybe that's a better idea than a ring??

That'd be great! :D You can always do a ring thing on an anniversary or something. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->