Fault in a breed? UPDATE pics

MissRhead

Reaction score
We are going to pick up a pup on sunday, ive been reading about the breed and it says their should be no white on the dog, only fawn or brindle with a black muzzle. All the other pups aee those colours exept the pup we have choosen, he is black and white sort of speckled with a speckled muzzle. It says online that this is a fault, but what does that actually mean? I dont care if its just cosmetic, but will it affect him in any other way? He 's the biggest of all the pups. :wacko: He's a bullmastiff, ive attached a pic. 8ba6960b757187bb17319205e57fa784.jpg

Picked him up on sunday, and he is the cutest little thing! He had fleas when we got him, but theyve all gone now hes all healthy! he has the best little personality, my LO adores him, and he follows my LO around, last night they fell asleep together whilst he was sitting on LO's knee :cloud9:
Here's Smokey :cloud9:
216107_3968259642351_1634012967_n.jpg
snapshot111.jpg
snapshot123.jpg

Its just the colour right? If thats all youre worried about i would ignore it. Look at him hes gorgeous and you can give him a good home and life:)

dont think it matters if you arent breeding or showing him :)

As far as I am aware it doesn't mean that there will be anything wrong with it. Like Blah said, it will only matter if you are going to be showing him at dog shows. As long as the parents of your puppy are healthy you shouldn't have much to worry about

Ah ok, thats great thankyou. I love his colouring andi wont be breeding or showing him so thats fine. I was just abit worried that it just kept coming up with their being a 'fault' with him because he has white on him. Thankyou x

He's absolutely beautiful and oh so friggin cute!! And no, colouring will not affect him in any way :) what a sweetie!!!

I wouldnt worry about it, just make sure parents have good helth checks and really good temperaments ... they used to drown choc labs as they thought they were a bad breed xx

Aw he's lovely. I'd say along as you've checked the parents out ie certificates, health scores and they're fine then the 'fault' would just be a problem if showing or breeding like blah said xx

yes it just for people who are into dog shows and purity of race etc. I wouldnt worry about it .

I wouldn't worry about it if you're not showing or breeding. That said my friend has a show champion bull mastiff and he has a white flash on his chest.

silverbullet i think i made a mistake when writting this post, apparently anything other than a white flash on the chest and its a fault.
And thankyou x

I have never seen a mastiff that colour before! Have you seen the parents? Are they both pure mastiffs? Mastiffs if they are shown/bred would need to be the other colours you stated to be 'accepted'. If he's definitely a pure bred (I'm struggling to see how two pure mastiffs would produce a colour like him) and he's only a pet for you I wouldn't worry.

He has such a gorgeous face!

I found this..

Coat and Colour Coat short and dense, giving good weather protection. Faults: (S) Long, soft coat. (M) ?Staring? coat, which means poor condition. Colour: any shade of red, fawn or brindle, but the colour to be pure and clear.* A small white marking on chest permissible but not desirable. Faults: (S) White markings other than on chest. (M) Black shading on body, legs or tail (of reds or fawns).

His mum is all fawn and his dad is brindle with white on his chest. He hasnt got papers no. x

His mum is all fawn and his dad is brindle with white on his chest. He hasnt got papers no. x

If he hasn't got papers I would be wary of paying too much. Pedigree Mastiffs sell for £600-£1000 +. If you're paying more than £400 I would expect KC pedigree papers.

He was advertised at £300 i managed to get him for £250 as he is the last left. I dont think anyone wanted him :( x

He was advertised at £300 i managed to get him for £250 as he is the last left. I dont think anyone wanted him :( x

Oh bless him. That's a good price. I'm glad he's found a nice pet home with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->