Favorite Authors/Genre

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
Hello Everyone :hi:

I thought we'd start of by saying who our favorite authors are and the types of books we like to read.

I love to read horror novels, so really any author that writes horror is okay with me. :thumbup: Having said that though, I do have a large collection of John Saul, Dean Koontz and Bentley Little.

I also love historical drama (only from the time of Medieval England though). I've read Philippa Gregory (her Wideacre Trilogy was awesome...as was The Other Boleyn Girl although the movie was absolutely horrible) Jean Plaidy, Diane Haegar, Alison Weir

And of course, I'm a huge Tudor History buff so I read anything I can get my hands on about them.

Ok, who's next?

I have quite eclectic tastes in books/authors

I used to adore Stephen King etc....
I still like my horrors, how twisted is Richard Laymon??

At the moment I am reading Kathy Lettes, she is hilarious bit Rom com but more vivid

I also like older books like Flowers in The attic by Virginia Andrews.

I bought 2 today by Jessie Keane who seems to be in the same vein as Martina Cole, who I also think is fab.

Oh I've forgotten all about Virginia Andrews! I love her books.

Richard Laymon is twisted indeed!

I will read almost anything but I really like Fantasy novels. I'm currently re-reading the WOT series (another favorite is the Sword of Truth)

I'm also a huge Jane Austen fan, Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books of all time

I'm ashamed to admit I don't think I have ever read any "classics"

I had to read a lot of them in school :rofl:

I got Macbeth :roll: think it put me off for life....

Fair is foul, and foul is fair. :rofl:

I like Marian Keyes, Jodi Picoult, JK Rowling, Dorothy Koomson

Sadly I don't get much chance too read now as Little Man doesn't like it unless he has 110% of the attention lol

I loved Jodi Picoult's book, "Salem Falls". Awesome read! :thumbup:

I'm another eclectic reader.
I really enjoy the classics. Like Vickie, Jane Austen makes it onto my 10 Books on a Desert Island list!
But, I really like a lot of modern literature, too. Canadian authors: Margaret Atwood, Yann Martel, Margaret Laurence, Robertson Davies, to name a few.
LOVE Sarah Waters, Pat Barker, Alan Bradley.
Hmmm.
And for fun, I've been enjoying Laurie R. King mysteries and the Sookie Stackhouse novels.
Oh! I also have a great appreciation for kid lit! JK Rowling, Cornelia Funke, Philip Pullman - there have been so many extraordinary kids' works in the last decade or so. :thumbup:

I loved Jodi Picoult's book, "Salem Falls". Awesome read! :thumbup:

yeah that was the one that got me hooked!

my favorite so far has been plain truth ..... but then again I do find the Amish very interesting

I like Ben Elton + Stephen Fry..

But I remember a while back reading Armiatead Maupin's Tales of the City.
I hear he's written more so I think I'll hunt them down....

I love anything with a bit of a twist in it x
also love Cecilia Aherne & Sophie Kinsella x

I love my horror and fantasy so the likes of Stephen King, Richard Laymon, Dean Koontz, Thomas Emson and a few foreign writers i have an awsome vampire series written by a russian and some swedish horror is fab. I also love Terry Goodkind, Raymond E Feist, Wheel of time series and Terry pratchett. Oh and i love a good who did it like Jeffery Deaver, Reginald Hill, Patricia Cornwall. Actually i will read anything really but do have my faves.

Me too, Vickie!
Followed by As You Like It and Twelfth Night.

I never understand what the dude is trying to say. :rofl: :rofl:

I'm another eclectic reader.
I really enjoy the classics. Like Vickie, Jane Austen makes it onto my 10 Books on a Desert Island list!
But, I really like a lot of modern literature, too. Canadian authors: Margaret Atwood, Yann Martel, Margaret Laurence, Robertson Davies, to name a few.
LOVE Sarah Waters, Pat Barker, Alan Bradley.
Hmmm.
And for fun, I've been enjoying Laurie R. King mysteries and the Sookie Stackhouse novels.
Oh! I also have a great appreciation for kid lit! JK Rowling, Cornelia Funke, Philip Pullman - there have been so many extraordinary kids' works in the last decade or so. :thumbup:

Another eclectic reader here!

I LOVE Pride and Prejudice, one of my all-time favourites. To Kill a Mockingbird is right up there too. Like Sarah, I love Margaret Atwood, Yann Martel, Margaret Laurence. I also really enjoy anything about Tudor England. I am partial to a bit of chick-lit from time to time, especially Marian Keyes and Sophie Kinsella.

I'm very much a "pick up a book, read the blurb on the back, and if it grips me, read it" type of person, so I tend to read a variety of things :thumbup:

Let's face it... I'm a bookworm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"