Favorite Authors/Genre

I'm a bookworm too, I love reading and have a huge amount of books at home and at my mums as I have no room for anymore at my place! I will read anything!

Fave authors include: Jodi Picoult, Tess Gerritsen, Virginia Andrews, Roald Dahl and I love autobiographies.

Read the Steig Larsson trilogy recently and loved all three, and Twilight Saga was just fabulous!

xx

KarrierBag - With you on the Steig Larsson trilogy! :thumbup: Loved that set!

oooh a bookworm area - count me in :thumbup:

historical fiction is my fave - Philipa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl is one of my all time faves... have read all of hers... Kate Mosse is also vg... CJ Sansom is another fave - the Sharlake series and others... Used to devour Virginia Andrews and Maeve Binchy when i was younger. Marian Keyes is good for something more light hearted.

Pride & Prejudice also one of my faves - although i've not read many other classis. Currently i'm reading Great Expectations - not as easy to read but am enjoying it. Up next after that is the The Hare with the Amber Eyes.......

I could go on all day :haha:

I used to read Virginia Andrews and Maeve Binchy when I was younger too! :)

I find it really hard to pick a favourite author but I have a lot of Stephen King books, Terry Pratchett books and the older Dean Koontz books (I'm not so keen on his newest ones, he's gone a bit odd). Joe Hill is turning out to be (almost) as good as his dad.

I love Carol Sheilds and Ann Tyler and I think Joshilyn Jackson and Sarah Addison Allan are really good too.

One of my favourite books is The Book of Wishes and Complaints by Zina Rohan, who wrote The Officers Daughter, and I loved The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue, which was probably the most non-scary and beautiful ghost story ever.

oooh a bookworm area - count me in :thumbup:

historical fiction is my fave - Philipa Gregory's The Other Boleyn Girl is one of my all time faves... have read all of hers... Kate Mosse is also vg... CJ Sansom is another fave - the Sharlake series and others... Used to devour Virginia Andrews and Maeve Binchy when i was younger. Marian Keyes is good for something more light hearted.

Pride & Prejudice also one of my faves - although i've not read many other classis. Currently i'm reading Great Expectations - not as easy to read but am enjoying it. Up next after that is the The Hare with the Amber Eyes.......

I could go on all day :haha:

Did you like Philipa Gregory's Wideacre series? That first book was MESSED up! :wacko:

I just brought a book in Tesco by that author- Phillipa Gregory, never heard of her but it looks good so I chucked it in trolley. Its called The Red Queen.

Is it any good :)

I love Philippa Gregory books. Not read the Red Queen yet, but the White Queen is fantastic :thumbup: The Red Queen is the next one of hers on my wish list.

I love books but don.t get to read as much as I would like due to lack of time. I love Philipa Gregory and Alison Weir, in fact any historical novel! Sarah Waters is a fab author too! I have 2 books by Kate Mosse as the actual stories sound fab but I just can't get into them x

I LOVE Sarah Waters!
Her earliest were my favourites. Loved both Fingersmith and Tipping the Velvet. Nightwatch was also gorgeous, but the war imagery really haunted me.

Yes i thought the Red Queen was very good.... and the White Queen. Something about historical fiction does it for me

Wideacre series - totally agree - they were really messed up!! they kept me reading even though it was all rather twisted!

Got some good tips here ladies thanks - will give Sarah Waters a try - actually i think i've read one isn't the The Little Stranger one hers - that was vg also, really kept me guessing - must try some others! Alison Weir is another tip!

Anyone read the Edgar Sawtelle book - i though it had a crushingly disappointing ending - wanted to throw it out the window!!

x

Yup! The Little Stranger was another great Sarah Waters read! :thumbup:

I really like Emily Barr, Dorthy Koomsman, Emily Giffin and Marian Keyes.

I've read a few Jodi Picoult and really enjoyed them so I'm going to read Sing you home.

I'm currently having a teenage moment and reading Sweet Valley: 10 Years on. Pure fluff but I love it. :haha:

I've read a few Jodi Picoult and really enjoyed them so I'm going to read Sing you home.

I'm currently having a teenage moment and reading Sweet Valley: 10 Years on. Pure fluff but I love it. :haha:

Really? I used to love Sweet Valley. I didn't know they'd done a 10 years on book though. I'm tempted to read it now too haha!

I NEED that book! Must have The Red Queen.... must have The Red Queen. Don't think I can wait until the end of June and my holiday - had thought it would be my book to read on the plane, but I think I want it sooner!

ooooh that takes me back!!! i loooooved these when i was a kid (many moons ago!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->