Favorite Authors/Genre

How have I only just found this area???? I can't cope if I don't have a book to read - especially before bed - I've been known to make an emergency dash to the all night Tesco to buy one if I realise I've got nothing to read!
I like loads of different authors - I've been trying the 'read page 96 and if it grips you - get it!' method recently. I've just finished Patricia Cornwell's latest and before that it was The Red Queen by Phillipa Gregory. I like Lee Childs, Maeve Binchey (I wrote to her to tell her I'd read a book of hers when I was getting divorced & was grateful that it didn't have the characters getting back together & she wrote back to me - I keep her letter in the important documents drawer!) Steven King, Trudi Canavan, Phillip Pullman... will have a look at the book shelves tomorrow & add to the list. Must look at Sarah Waters - not read anything by her!

Philip Pullman! Another fabulous author. I met him and had a great talk with him several years ago. He's a tremendous guy. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->