Favorite snacks while breastfeeding?

ChaiTea

Reaction score
I'm about to stock up the house since baby will be here soon!

What are some of your favorite snacks to have on hand while breastfeeding?

Snacks that are high in protein, are easy to prepare, and can be eaten with one hand. Peanut butter sandwiches, hummus dip with various things, etc.

Also, oatmeal is good for milk supply (and filling, and healthy) so that's a good one to have on hand.

We are on day 13 & for me I have flapjack bites, fruit sticks & I get my hubby to make me ham & cheese slices with sliced bell pepper, cucumber etc
Loads of water is what I really need though bf makes me so thirsty!

X x

Starting a few weeks before birth and still (baby's 3w, 1d) I crave water and peanut products (protein).

And the idea of "finger snacks" that can be easily eaten with one hand is very good advice! I have peanut/peanut butter snack bars, they're great during those late night / early morning feedings!

Any foods that aren't too messy that can be eaten one handed while breastfeeding. I must admit I ate pretty unhealthily!

Lots of water is important too as you'll probably get very thirsty.

I suggest buying a thermos cup with a non spill lid for warm drinks :) also flapjacks and anything you can eat with one hand! I agree with PP that thirst was a major issue with me. I needed to leave sports bottles of water all over the house as I'd always forgot to get a drink before I sat down to feed and needed one in reachable distance!

Flavoured rice cakes and recently I've got into crumpets!!! Weird!

Anything without tomato sauce or mayo.... Its a pain trying to decide to lick or wipe it off babys head if it spills :)

Definitely bottles of water!
I only had my little boy on Sunday and when I came home all iv wanted is water but can't have glasses around due to my other kids pickin them up! Godsend at night too!

My little boy doesn't seem to feed much so I havnt really had snacks just eat when he sleeps but I know that will change soon and humous and pitta shall be my new best friend again!

Bananas! They are sweet, healthy, don't even need washing, no plates/ utensils, you can keep them in every room, easy to eat in a few bites, and cheap!

I used to hate them before pregnancy but now I eat like 5 a day. Maybe more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->