Favourite story-books

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
I am getting into the habit of reading to my little one. So far the only children's book I have it called "Love you forever" by Robert Munsch. What's your babies/toddlers favourite books? What do you recommend reading?

I have a few disney treasurys, made up of small disney stories. Caitlyn loves the pictures and daddy loves to read them

xxx

Haven't had my bubba yet but was looking at books to get her and found this list of recommended books for babies/ preschoolers:
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? by Bill Martin, Jr.
The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
Corduroy by Don Freeman
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
OH & I are keen to buy books that we enjoyed as kids as well. I had the very hungry caterpillar and brown bear, brown bear. I also remember the rainbow fish. We are buying the Peter Rabbit series and some nursery rhyme books as well. Buy books that you won't mind reading over and over as they might well turn into favourite books!

happy birthday moon by frank asch is one of my favorite books to read my boys. They love it. Also danny and the dinosaur.

At that age you should read the book 101 times so they get used to it and can identify the pics, Dec has lots of books but we are only working with 2 at the moment, 1 is just a cheap one from Asda, Dress yourself, he loves it when he sees a shoe or a sock and we tickle his feet, now he will go straight to his feet when he sees them !!! We also have an Iggle Piggle book which he loves, we are going to move to the next 2 next weeks but we will still read the first 2 from time to time. Asda have some great baby books and they are cheap, babies dont mind what they are reading as long as it is fun and colourful. xx

Kaya looooves 'Dinosaurs Love Underpants' by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort. It rhymes and has very colourful pictures. She'll pull all the books off the shelf till she finds that one then she brings it over to me to read for her. I highly recommend it.

Joseph loves it when I read him 'The Gruffulo', also 'Black on White' by Tana Hoban is good board book for babies

I bought the Very Hungry Caterpiler as I'd loved it as a child. I must have read that book a million times, they absolutely love it! I'm less keen now. :lol:

Charlotte loves Each Peach Pear Plum and Hug which was one of the Bookstart ones. Tom likes the "That's not my..." series. They also both loved This Little Baby from the bookstart pack although they're less bothered about it now.

They both love bright photos of animals and little cardboard books like the kind you attach to your buggy.

At night DH is reading Thomas the Tank Engine to them. I've just finished Charlotte's Web. I guess you can tell why we went for those books. I'm now reading Winnie the Pooh to them. We've also got poetry books that were mine as a child that were the first things we read to them at night.

i was give the book No Matter What. It's adorable:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Matter-What-Debi-Gliori/dp/0747563314/ref=pd_sim_b_3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->