FB 'friend' weaning 11 week old!

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
I think this is a bit to young.

Im all for each to their own, she wrote that she gave her a full jar and she cried when it had gone, sorry but my 6 month old only eats a 1/4 of a jar and shes had enough, cant really see her 11 week old polishing off a full one.

Shes not the type of friend to discuss it with either, she gets very offended over advice!

A while jar?? My LO is 4 months and would only finish a full jar if ide starved her for the day!!

11 weeks is a tad young, if it was for medical reasons then fair enough but should only be rice surely?

Xx

No medical reasons, think because its 1st baby she just cant wait, but doesnt understand why there is guidelines x

Poor baby. :( It's probably crying because it's hungry for actual milk.

Poor baby. I dunno what to suggest but :hugs: to that little one!

as long as physical harm isn't coming to the baby because of it then it should be ok, she will learn from it, hopefully continue from here and do the proper things

as long as physical harm isn't coming to the baby because of it then it should be ok, she will learn from it, hopefully continue from here and do the proper things

The concern is that the risk of harm is there, but may not manifest until many years later.

my experience is similar to your 'friends'... Our little boy was 2 months premature, at 4 months old he was feeding every hour of the night and day... it was beyond a joke!! we tried upping his feeds but he still woke every hour. We made a decision to put him on solids (i say solids but i mean some seriously mushed up rusks with milk) at 4 months old... Because he was 2 months premature we have to use a corrected age - therefore our little man was actually on 'solids' at 8 weeks old!!!! Certainly helped his hunger!! xx

:dohh:

Poor baby!

Honestly, what 11 week old will happily sit and open their mouth to a spoon?!

Poor love was probably crying due to being so full and being force fed

I had to give my 11 week old a bit of calpol and she was nearly sick with the taste. She just couldnt do it, how can a 11 week old eat a jar of food?

oh dear :( maybe she needs her eyes opening just a bit more to how dangerous is can be :nope:

Two days I had an aquaintance on facebook say she was starting her 3 week old on rice cereal! :cry:

I had a friend like that weaned her 10 week old baby sickened me. Which is one of the reasons i wrote 'had'

I've got a few friends in oz and we all had babies at around the sane time. They all started weaning at about 2/3 months, but it was like that was normal over there. I thought it was really strange.

:dohh:

Poor baby!

Honestly, what 11 week old will happily sit and open their mouth to a spoon?!

Poor love was probably crying due to being so full and being force fed

I started spoon feeding my LO rice cereal mixed into formula at like 12 weeks? :shrug:

He loved the spoon. Of course, he only ate it if it was upside down lol!

Its not like I do it everyday, and I havent started any foods beside rice &oatmeal cereal. I bottle feed him his cereal at night though. He loves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->