Fear of CS/ Epidural

A

amjon

I have always been terrified of the idea of a CS. I also had a fear of natural birth, but it was not nearly as bad and nonexistent now that I delivered my daughter. One of the OBs I went to for a consult said he would take the baby at 26/27 weeks, which would likely mean still breech, if necessary. I doubt they would allow me to do a breech vaginal delivery with a live baby. I will not get an epidural under any circumstances. Has anyone had a CS under general with a very premie baby? What effects did it have on the baby? I would love to be able to see the baby right after birth, but if it's a CS I just can't get the epidural.

What is your objection to an epi? There are more risks to you and the baby under a general.

Even the thought of getting a needle in the back gives me panic attacks.

I dunno if it helps, but once you get the local anaesthetic back there, the epi needle going in doesn't even register.

I was a shaking wreck before my c section. It took my mum and partner, plus 2 male nurses to get me in the room, then took 3 guys to hold me whilst they done the local and the epi. Honestly, nowhere near as bad as I imagined it to be. I have a major phobia of needles in general, after cvs, steroid injections, and three time weekly blood tests, I shoukd of been used to them. I actually tried running away as they took me to theatre. I decided against a general as I wanted to be awake and I'm so glad I was as its the only time I got to hold to Joshua :( Have they said why they want to deliver so early? And congratulations on your pregnancy! How many weeks are you? But yeah, really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, felt a bit stupid for making such a scene, but I was absolutely terrified xx

I was a shaking wreck before my c section. It took my mum and partner, plus 2 male nurses to get me in the room, then took 3 guys to hold me whilst they done the local and the epi. Honestly, nowhere near as bad as I imagined it to be. I have a major phobia of needles in general, after cvs, steroid injections, and three time weekly blood tests, I shoukd of been used to them. I actually tried running away as they took me to theatre. I decided against a general as I wanted to be awake and I'm so glad I was as its the only time I got to hold to Joshua Have they said why they want to deliver so early? And congratulations on your pregnancy! How many weeks are you? But yeah, really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, felt a bit stupid for making such a scene, but I was absolutely terrified xx
My daughter died at 27 weeks, so if it looks like the same would happen they would take the baby early. If everything looks fine they will just monitor me, but he doesn't want a repeat and would rather get the baby out if it looks iffy. I haven't gotten a positive test yet, but pretty sure I had IB on Saturday, so should get it this week, so I'm about 3 weeks now.

We knew Joshua was ill and they thought he might not survive the birth which is why I opted for a local. We were blessed with those 13 hours with him, but straight after delivery was the only time I got to hold him before he passed, just before they took him to nicu. What's IB? We're hoping to start trying again soon. I'm petrified at just the thought of it! Hopefully someone on here will have some advice about a general with a preemie, but fingers crossed this pregnancy will be different and that won't need to be an option for you xxx

IB is implant bleed. It's about a week past O and a week before AF is due.

Thank you :) good luck!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->