fear of pregnancy

ashlie007

Reaction score
Hi ya.

this is my first baby.
I'm 13 weeks and even though I've been trying for 7yrs i find my self scared and in a fit of tears shouted at my boyfriend that i didn't want it anymore.
It still doesn't seem real for me yet. :cloud9:
Everyone keeps going on and on about am i doing all the right things and staying away from bad stuff like drink, smoky areas and stressful places and people which is driving me mad.
some people have even made fun of me cos i just look fat. :hissy:

It's really hard for me to sit around and do nothing all the time too.:wohoo:
I'd like to start painting but breathing it in is bad for the baby, infect everything active it seems i enjoy is bad for pregnancy so im not sure how im going to cope later if I'm finding hard already.

Can i go jogging cos my boyfriend said it cod hurt the baby.
I cry :cry: most of the time which scares my partner cos he thinks it's hurting the baby, truth is im worried if my body will go back to how it was and giving birth.
All that pain for hours and hours and is my baby going to be healthy.
I'm sorry if I've gone on a bit but I've tried talking to friends etc and no one is that helpful to me............:nope::nope::nope::nope:

Welcome to BnB! Congratulations on your first bump! You can definately go jogging, and we'll do our best to help you out with the other stuff during the forums. This site is great! Hang in there!

Carry on life as normally as possible, exercise is good for baby but will get harder as you expand!
Try not to worry excessively enjoy it.
I have still enjoyed the odd drink during both my pregnancies.
just avoided smokey areas, and blue cheese etc.
Good luck.

Hi!

I know how you feel about not being able to do anything! When I was pregnant I felt like I couldn't be apart of anything anymore and it really upset me. But as time went by I realized that I was really enjoying the stress free relaxing atmosphere that everyone tried to create around me! I just decided to sit back and enjoy it!

Don't worry about too many things hurting the baby... Just stay away from cigarettes and alcohol and you'll be fine!

Good Luck!:thumbup:

xxx

welcome to BnB! and congrats on your pregnancy!
I wouldnt worry too much that baby is well protected in there, you can basically carry on with your everyday life! just no cigs, and no alcohol!
My doctor advised me when iw as preg to not start doing something i didnt do before i was pregnant, so if you never jogged before, its not recommended you start now..
as for your body.. its going to be out of whack for a while, eat healthy, and take care of yourself.. but dont diet... after you have babe... you'll need 6 weeks roughly for recovery time, then start working at getting back to where you were! enjoy your pregnancy! And tell that man of yours to stop being such a worrier!

I was terrified when I got pregnant! But as time went on I realized to just relax. As long as you stay away from Alcohol and Cigarettes you'll be fine, just try to carry on as normal

Thank you to you all. In the upset i even forgot to say hi so,

HELLO to you all and it's really nice to be apart of babyandbump as i know I'll have some questions along the way that i can't answer myself and hopeful i can be helpful in other ways too.

xXx

your preggers babe! You have an excuse to get mean with him calls you fat!
Gosh, I'm a single mom, but if i had a man telling me i was fat, and stressing me out through my pregnancy, i would have kicked his tush to the curbside until he learned some manners

welcome :) and congrats, having fears are all normal when you are pregnant, just in hang in there, everything will be okay :)

I think it's natural to be worried, especially after the stress building up over 7 years of TTC. I have not had children yet but when my sister was pregnant she worried a lot just like you. My mum said the worry will never go away completely as it is a normal and natural part of being a parent. You will always worry about this child in some way or other, it's normal! My grandmother says she still worries about her son (my Dad), and she is 81 and he is 60!!! Good luck and try to relax a little bit....

all the worrys and the crying can be perfectly natural!! Its just a whole lotta hormones!! Just try and think about how its gonna be to hold that baby!! It can definitly be a stressful time but you wil make it thru!! GOOD LUCK!

welcome! i know exactly how you feel. i had been trying for 10months and when i had finally got pregnant i felt really happy but those feelings soon changed and i began to feel so low and insecure. i felt as though i didn't want the baby and felt guilty for feeling that way.

you have to remeber that your hormones are making you feel that way.

as long as you watch your weight and eat in moderation then you should have no problem regaining your figure. dont forget your hormones are all over the place and you will start feeling better shorlty, especially when you feel the little baby inside you move. try to think positive even though it is hard, go walking as that will get you out and about and will help you keep healthy. it wont harm the baby either as your midwife or doctor will tell you.

at the end of those pregnancy months you will have a little bundle of joy and you won't be able to imagine life without it. you will feel that over whelming rush of love that most mums feel and you won' care about your figure.

good luck with your pregnany but please don't say you don't want it as i said that and once my partner and i had excepted it and started to get excited it was taken away from us.

remember your family and friends are always there to talk and if in doubt about anything as your midwife, thats what they are there for.

sending lots of love

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"