Fear of spiders - no pics please!!!

sunshine114

Reaction score
I am seriously scared of spiders , I go hot, sweaty,shaky and feel like i can't breathe until someone gets rid of it. Even then I don't want to go back where one was, and shake for days after if I have to go near wherever I saw one.

Does anyone know any ways I could repel them? Conkers? Citrus? Anything that works?

Please please don't add any pictures because I can't even look at a photo or drawing of a spider without having a panic attack!

I share your dislike, although not as bad as your fear.
Not tried any of the things you mentioned ie conkers etc, but my little kitty is my spider saviour. She goes or them and kills them/chases them away for me!

X

A cat or dog is a good idea for home but need a repellant for work as well!

I'm not sure but I hate them too, though not as much as you..:hugs:

I'm absolutely terrified too - I'm trying to figure out a way of not passing my fear onto my little girl...but not sure how seeing as I freak every time I see one! We have 2 dogs who are about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to getting rid of them so definitely wouldn't advise getting a dog just as a spider rescuer :haha: sorry I have no helpful advice....but I'm there with you!!

I'm absolutely terrified too - I'm trying to figure out a way of not passing my fear onto my little girl...but not sure how seeing as I freak every time I see one! We have 2 dogs who are about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to getting rid of them so definitely wouldn't advise getting a dog just as a spider rescuer :haha: sorry I have no helpful advice....but I'm there with you!!

I know, I'm really trying not to let lo see how I feel about them as I'm sure my mums fear influenced me!

I am scared to death of them too, though not as bad as you, and the house we just moved into has a BIG problem with them!! We had an exterminator come out and we are working with him. He told us the only way he could kill spiders was to spray them directly because the poison is absorbed through the body and with spiders having those long disgusting legs of theirs they can just walk over it. My advise would be to call an extermination company and explain to them how terrified you are and ask THEM if there is anything you can use at home to repel them. Good luck!

Just thought-cant you get those sonic sound plug in devices that are meant to deter insects? Will have to look into that myself. Ciuld be wrong, but sure there is something available like that. Beats taking your cat to work!
X

Just thought-cant you get those sonic sound plug in devices that are meant to deter insects? Will have to look into that myself. Ciuld be wrong, but sure there is something available like that. Beats taking your cat to work!
X

That's not a bad idea, I might look into those :thumbup:

I'm right there with you. People think it's funny, but this time of year it can be absolutely debilitating for me.

I nearly crashed my car last year because there was a spider on my rear view mirror.

I used to live in a flat and one day, while I was leaving the communal foyer to go to the shops, I glanced a giant effing spider on the door. I sweated all the way around the supermarket and cried on the walk home, knowing that there was no other way in :( It's really horrible :(

I didn't inherit my fear though as neither of my parents are scared of spiders. I just have really early memories of finding them on my bedroom walls etc. I also have year round night terrors about spiders too. It's getting to the point where I am seriously considering hypotherapy to at least make it manageable.

As for tips, I find that conkers around the windowsill work :)

Have you thought about CBT for your fear? It's very good for phobias. It works by doing very slow exposure to it.

Not as bad as u but once at uni i walked to the pub to use the toilet because there waz a spider in the bathroom where i lived!

APPARENTLY peppermint oil mixed with water in a spray bottle, spray it around the entrances to your house.

conkers with a hole through them to release the smell :)

Grateful for tips in this thread. I have a pretty bad phobia and my dog is also useless. She will nose them and then run away when they move. Useless.

We don't usually get many but have a lot this year and some big ones. Ugh. September is a bad month. DH killed one on our bed today so I don't think I'll be sleeping well.

I also have night terrors where I'm sure one is in our bed or coming down off the ceiling and I fly out of bed, throw the light on and force DH to get out of bed - he's never very amused...

X

I used to have those night terrors! My dh was never impressed hahaha

I'm the same, I totally freak out. But having kids I try not to show my fear. I have a spider catcher and I've had to catch affair few myself I front of my son and after its gone I leave the room to shake lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->