Fear of spiders - no pics please!!!

You can buy a spray thingy that's meant to keep them away. Think it's conker oil based.

I'm so glad to know its not just me!!! I avoid anywhere if I know there is a spider, if one was on the door I just would not be able to go through it!! The children in my class have out conkers all around the classroom for me - it will be good to see if it works!

Grateful for tips in this thread. I have a pretty bad phobia and my dog is also useless. She will nose them and then run away when they move. Useless.

We don't usually get many but have a lot this year and some big ones. Ugh. September is a bad month. DH killed one on our bed today so I don't think I'll be sleeping well.

I also have night terrors where I'm sure one is in our bed or coming down off the ceiling and I fly out of bed, throw the light on and force DH to get out of bed - he's never very amused...

X

Snap!

My brother is training as a hypnotherapist and is going to help me with my phobia, I can't wait! He used to be like me but now isn't bothered as he used self hypnosis to cure his phobia.

Grateful for tips in this thread. I have a pretty bad phobia and my dog is also useless. She will nose them and then run away when they move. Useless.

We don't usually get many but have a lot this year and some big ones. Ugh. September is a bad month. DH killed one on our bed today so I don't think I'll be sleeping well.

I also have night terrors where I'm sure one is in our bed or coming down off the ceiling and I fly out of bed, throw the light on and force DH to get out of bed - he's never very amused...

X

Snap!

My brother is training as a hypnotherapist and is going to help me with my phobia, I can't wait! He used to be like me but now isn't bothered as he used self hypnosis to cure his phobia.

I can't believe how common this is - I could have honestly written that bolded paragraph myself - word for word!

I'm so pleased as I can tell DH and he can know its not just me.

I hate the nightmares. In my head it is SO real and I can see it so clearly. Takes about 30seconds of me staring at the bed with the light on before I start to think "hmmm. Not entirely sure that was real...." before I slink back in to bed heart beating like a maniac!

Bizarrely mine completely stopped while pregnant...

Being a life long hater of spiders I have tried and tested many things. I had hypnotherapy and it didn't work. I bought one of those plug in things and it didn't work. We live in an old Victorian terrace and there have been loads of big ones and I cant describe my fear of them. I cant sleep after ive seen one, every tickle and I almost have a heart attack jumping out of my skin and freak out big style when I see one. My thinking is don't give them any reason to be in your house ie looking for food in the form of bugs so my flat is sprayed in every area with indorex spray which kills the bugs so there is no food for any spider in this flat, hence not seeing one at all this year. Oh god I hope im not tempting fate in saying this as I will kick myself if they all start coming out now! OH would kill me if he knew what I do when hes not in, I go round spraying all the windows and door frames and every nook and cranny. Infact every nook and cranny is filled in with bunches of kitchen roll so no little bugger is crawling out of those holes! I sound like an obsessive but I have a real issue with them, they make me sick in every way!

This has made me feel so so much better! There were two today at school, I almost fainted while some children were sorting it out for me, I had to go and get another adult to be in the room. The whole room has been hoovered out now and I'm going to spray citrus mr sheen on all the skirting boards tomorrow to see if that helps.

Good tip about preventing flies and stuff too!

I'm the same and for some reason they keep getting into the house almost like they are purposely scaring me, I hate them so much and it's crazy how scared I am because I won't stop thinking it about it.

The other day we was going a&e with LO as he was having an allergic reaction, OH went down to the car with LO and I was locking up the house as soon as I stepped outside this HUGE spider was there, I screamed so loud OH came running back up thinking something happened to me, anyways he locked up the house and somehow I manages to squeeze past it, OH tried to scare it off and guess what it done?!!'

It ran into the house!!! :cry:

It got through under the door as there's a gap, I didn't see it go under as I was downstairs with LO but OH said it did, I was so angry with him for not killing and allowing it to get into the house, there were plenty of other doors to go in, why did it chose ours?'

Anyways I spent the whole time in hospital thinking about it and imagining it going into our shoes and just walking around the house, I told OH I weren't coming into the house unless he removed... Well when we got back he opened the door and thank god the spider didn't go any further, it was by the edge of the door and I saw him kick it out with his shoe and step on it :(

It had to be done, I just wouldn't of been able to sleep knowing it could possibly come back inside and I was so glad he was able to remove it, cause I was gonna be home alone the next day and I could imagine it coming out to surprise me!

Anyways enough of that but I also need help, my fear of them is extreme and they keep getting into the house :(

I'm right there with you. People think it's funny, but this time of year it can be absolutely debilitating for me.

I nearly crashed my car last year because there was a spider on my rear view mirror.

I used to live in a flat and one day, while I was leaving the communal foyer to go to the shops, I glanced a giant effing spider on the door. I sweated all the way around the supermarket and cried on the walk home, knowing that there was no other way in :( It's really horrible :(

I didn't inherit my fear though as neither of my parents are scared of spiders. I just have really early memories of finding them on my bedroom walls etc. I also have year round night terrors about spiders too. It's getting to the point where I am seriously considering hypotherapy to at least make it manageable.

As for tips, I find that conkers around the windowsill work :)

Sorry but I just lol'd.. I know it shouldn't be funny but that's totally something I would do.

I forgot to mention I was coming out of the flat and there was a spider in the same place I mentioned in my last post, I had LO in the pushchair and I slipped trying to run away from the spider :(

My fear makes me fall into some crazy situations all the time lol.

Im also considering anything that might help my fear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->