~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Can someone point out for me if I've missed a thread like this already, I've had a quick look but couldn't see one :thumbup:

I thought I would start us a thread so we can have a place where we can all chat about our LOs and life in general to stay in touch with each other :D

xx

Soo...

How is everyone getting on with their new arrivals? xx

We are getting on well, cant believe Harrison is nearly 3 weeks already!!! Hows things with you and baby Edward??

Going pretty well. He seems to be sleeping and eating well. Although he likes to wake up at night time. I can't believe he's almost a week old already, time really does go too fast :( xx

Aww i cant wait to be able to write about how Vinnie is keeping me up at night!!!

Glad Edward and Harrison are doing well! And you mummies of course xxx

*yawn* so so tired :sleep:

Munchkin hasn't slept at all tonight. Daddy did 12-3 with him and I've been up since. Think I shall be having a sleep in the day today xx

aww katy i thought my night was bad, lil man woke at 12 then at 3 then was awake from 4.30. i think hes got wind as hes been grumpy for a few days now. so ive started him on infacol today. fingers crossed?

Ooh hope it works for you. I have some of that just in case but I don't think it's that. Think he was just being grumpy.

I still haven't been to sleep, waiting for the bloody MW because they're meant to come before 12, but they haven't turned up yet. I know that the second I try and sleep they'll arrive. xx

awww. hope the midwife wasnt to late. Harrison has been on the infacol for a few days now, not sure if i can see any difference yet... hmmmm

How did people do last night?

We finally got into bed about midnight, he woke up for a feed at 2.30, then 4.30, then 8.30 so not too bad :) xx

Howdy y'all - only just noticed this thread!!

We've been doing good recently. Shelby has been sleeping for 3/4 hours and waking for a wee feed then going back to sleep again at night times. She's normally awake for a while in the morning and mid afternoon/evening and otherwise a little gem.
Last night she did do a mini hissy fit for a hour or two but Dad managed to settle her - turned out she was trying to do a massive explosive poo!! :haha: She had a feed and feel asleep straight afterwards! :happydance:

I can't believe we're getting away with little hassle so far - I'm waiting for the endless sleepless nights but they don't seem to be appearing yet...touch wood! eeck!

She's very demanding though, she won't sleep unless its attached to one of us and has to sleep in our bed otherwise she'll wake up and start :cry:. I've got a snuggle nest on its way to us so that will make co-sleeping easier - just got to try get her to sleep on her own during the day so I can do stuff once hubby goes back to work (On monday eecckk!)

I'm away to antenatal class this afternoon (I know - weird huh!) I'm a breastfeeding demo lady :haha: There aren't many girls in my town who are breastfeeding so my midwife asked if I would mind going along to the antenatal class so the girls can ask anything they want from someone who is actually breastfeeding and not just getting told info from a book. Fingers crossed Shelby behaves and doesn't show me up! :haha:

Oooh well done on the BFing thing :)

I had to switch to formula :( I pumped exclusively for a week as LO won't latch but it's all just getting too much so I gave up.

Edward doesn't seem to like his moses basket, but will happily sleep in his rocker/bouncer. The MW suggested a few things to me that do seem to have helped so dunno if you wanna try them. She said the if your baby likes being held one option is to tuck a blanket pulled up to chest height down underneath the mattress so the slight pressure can trick them into thinking they're being held. The other tip I got was to put a muslin down your top during the day so it smells of you, then warm it on a radiator and place it in the basket/crib just before you lie them down so they aren't going from the warmth of you to a cold mattress.

They seem to work for us to some extent :) xx

Aww thats a shame you had to stop bf'ing. As long as lo is getting fed though thats the important bit!

I tried all those tricks with her and it works for her daytime sleeps but come night time she just wants in with us. I'm not all that bothered as it allows us to get decent sleep.

She was a bit more gurny last night but she had tummy cramps again and once she'd done a nice big poo she was happy.

Does Edward make lots of noise in his sleep? Shelby seems to be constantly groaning, murmuring, bubbling, snorting etc etc. She's such a noisy baby when she sleep! Kept me awake a bit last night :haha:

Where's all our other lovebug babies!

Morning ladies. We still seem to be sleeping well about 3/4 hours during the night. After each feed im getting a few burps now so hopefully he infacol is working for him

lol harrison makes very strange noises in his sleep, keeps me awake too

Yay, glad Harrison is getting his wind up now :) We don't seem to have too many problems in that respect. I'm not sure if it's the bottles I use, or just because my OH burps constantly so he may have inherited it from daddy :haha:

Edward is also a really noisy sleeper, I must wake about 5 times a night thinking he's awake and wanting feeding but he's actually asleep.

He wasn't too good last night, he'll happily sleep in the day but at night it's a different story. He wouldn't settle in his basket at all last night really. He was fed at 9.30, 11, 2.30, 6 and 8.30. But in between he would only sleep on one of our chests so I think I shall be researching safe co sleeping today as it may be the only way we sleep!

Gill- Dunno where everyone else is :shrug: I wondered that too xx

What bottles are you using?? I've got advent and for the first few weeks I had no problems, then just suddenly he was straning lots but nothing coming up... fingers crosed its working...

Aww Harrison tends to only fall alseep on our chests, then we have to slowllly move him in his basket, 8 times outta 10 hes sooo sleeply it works... the other 2 he wakes up and screams!! LOL

Maybe we should put a thread in 3rd tri to tell the love bugs where here!!!

I use the tommee tippee closer to nature ones. They have a little anti colic vent thing built in, the slowly lets the air bubbles up to the top of the milk rather than them going into his tummy and they seem to be doing the trick at the moment :thumbup:

Good idea, I posted in baby club the other day but don't think anyone saw it :( xx

Do any of you ladies have or know anyone who has a snuggle nest co sleeper thing? and whether you'd/they'd recommend it? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->