~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

I've just bought a snuggle nest off someone from here, am waiting on it arriving. Shelby is constantly in our bed so thought I might as well cosleep so will let you know once I've got it how its going.

Glad its not just Shelby making funny noise's :haha:

*Yawn*

Edward hasn't slept at all since 9pm. I only had 4 hours broken sleep last night too. I'm knackered. On here with him in one arm to keep myself awake, otherwise I'm in danger of nodding off on the sofa with him :nope: xx

aww, come on little man,let mummy sleep!!!!

aww katy - wish I could help! Shelby (touch wood) seems very good at night times. Mind you, I'm jamming her full of mummy milk that she much feel so fat and sleepy come night time :haha:

Hope you manage to get some sleep today! xx

hi girls, - i found you!!!

how long did it take for your milk to come in? im on day four now and hoping it comes in soon! were having to top up with formula after every feed as baby has lost some more weight :(

Mine came in day 3 sorry! Can you not just pump your colostrum/feed bubba more often to help gain weight?

Hi girls

Little baby Grace Emily was born at 9.25pm on Tuesday 23rd February weighing 8 pounds 8. We got out of hospital yesterday evening. :cloud9::cloud9:

Lou xx

Congrats Lou! You can come chat in here now about how we're not sleeping and have no time for ourselves anymore :haha:

Congrats Lou :)

Samzi- my milk came in on day 2 or 3 I think, so unfortunately can't really help there. :hugs: I can't BF though because LO won't latch, he flat out refuses and just screams until he makes himself sick so we've had to switch to formula. I'm quite upset about it, but there's not really a lot I can do, he literally will not latch on the boob no matter what. I exclusively expressed for a week, but going forwards it's just not practical for me as it meant I was spending no time with him.

How much are you ladies getting out and about? I'm not sure if I'm doing too much. My bleeding seemed to have tailed off and got really light but the last few days I've been out and about and it seems to have come back really heavy and red again. Am I doing too much do you think? xx

My bleeding went light and brownish then got a bit heavier and proper red blood again and has been like that for quite a few days now. I had a look at I've got a open wound on one of my inner labia's so I presume its that which is bleeding. Midwife and HV don't seem all that bothered about it so I hope it'll just heal up on it own. Its only been 2 weeks so will wait till 5/6 weeks before worrying. It doesn't smell so its nothing bad yet!
As long as yours doesn't smell I wouldn't worry. Being out and about will cause more blood to come too so my midwife says. I've been out most days so it could also be that which has caused my extra blood. I don't think we need to worry until we get to 5/6 weeks/if it smells.
My HV said as long as I'm keeping it all clean and changing my pad regularly it'll calm down eventually.

Hi everyone only just found you! I am so tired but James keeps waking himself up with wind. This has meant he has been nursing constantly since 7pm. Grr I'm ready to sleep lol xx

I've made it over!!!!

How's everyone???

I am shattered! :) Oh the joys!!

Alexander is a very booby babe and to be honest the only thing I know I am doing at the moment is feeding constantly - I cant think of anything else I might have said or done since leaving hospital, Milk has come in and I just feel like a walking vending machine !

It is worth it though but the baby blues have hit last night and have been a little weepy and had a very bad night last night as xander woke at 11.30pm - 40 minutes after I fell asleep and was still trying to feed at 3.45am - In the end Richard had to bring him downstairs to get away from me as he just would not settle and he had drained both breasts and I was crying and feeling incompetant - He settled great though and he's asleep still now after I gave him a quick top up feed at 5.30 while he slept.

Hope all of your precious little people are doing well - so glad to finally be in baby club. I thought it was never going to happen lol

xxxxx

Welcome Lana! Sorry I haven't text you back yet. Shelby was cluster feeding all evening and into the late night. She's got a rash on her torso too which we only noticed last night when trying to settle her with skin to skin. It goes away when pressed and she's not got any other symptoms so I think its just a reaction to the free sample of Persil I got from bounty. Back to my Tesco own brand washing powder me thinks! :haha:
I think she's actually managing to drain my overflowing boobs now, they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo soft for the first time since I got pregnant! They feel all pillowy and flumpy.:haha:

Aww Lana - baby blues suck eh! Take evening primrose oil! I used to take it as a teenager to balance out my raging hormones so thought I might as well try it now too and it seems to have calmed me down a lot. I was getting awful crying for no reason at all most of the evening - stupid hormones :haha:

I often find that if she isn't settling, hubby taking her away seems to work. Just hope she doesn't do that too often as hubby is back to work on Monday and he'll need his sleep. I'm hoping I can get into some sort of semi routine once he's at work, or at least get her sleeping in her crib at daytime so I can get showered and have lunch without having to carry her everywhere! She really is a cuddly baby! :cloud9:

Now we're all Mummys - how about we actually call each other by our names too - I'm constantly referred to as Mummy or just Boobies just now so would be nice to be known as Gill somewhere! :dohh:
Now I'm guessing -Katy is Katy :)dohh:) bananas - Lana, Pinkclaire - Claire, lou-lou - lou, samzi - sam?, glong88 - ????. or whatever you'd like to be called...

P.S 2 weeks old today! :happydance: (and I haven't jumped off my roof from stress yet!)

Welcome Lana! Sorry I haven't text you back yet. Shelby was cluster feeding all evening and into the late night. She's got a rash on her torso too which we only noticed last night when trying to settle her with skin to skin. It goes away when pressed and she's not got any other symptoms so I think its just a reaction to the free sample of Persil I got from bounty. Back to my Tesco own brand washing powder me thinks! :haha:
I think she's actually managing to drain my overflowing boobs now, they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo soft for the first time since I got pregnant! They feel all pillowy and flumpy.:haha:

Aww Lana - baby blues suck eh! Take evening primrose oil! I used to take it as a teenager to balance out my raging hormones so thought I might as well try it now too and it seems to have calmed me down a lot. I was getting awful crying for no reason at all most of the evening - stupid hormones :haha:

I often find that if she isn't settling, hubby taking her away seems to work. Just hope she doesn't do that too often as hubby is back to work on Monday and he'll need his sleep. I'm hoping I can get into some sort of semi routine once he's at work, or at least get her sleeping in her crib at daytime so I can get showered and have lunch without having to carry her everywhere! She really is a cuddly baby! :cloud9:

Now we're all Mummys - how about we actually call each other by our names too - I'm constantly referred to as Mummy or just Boobies just now so would be nice to be known as Gill somewhere! :dohh:
Now I'm guessing -Katy is Katy :)dohh:) bananas - Lana, Pinkclaire - Claire, lou-lou - lou, samzi - sam?, glong88 - ????. or whatever you'd like to be called...

P.S 2 weeks old today! :happydance: (and I haven't jumped off my roof from stress yet!)

lol - yes, be nice to keep some identity lol - Lana it is.

Yeah, the blues suck, big time. I feel guilty because xander is taking up so much of my time belle is suffering a bit - and when i do get a minute spare i'm too tired to try and do anything and have to keep telling her to go find something to do on her own. looking forward to getting into a routine of some kind!

Sounds like Shelby has the same idea as Xander and thinks we are just a source of entertainment for any hour of the day or night lol xx

Yeah, the blues suck, big time. I feel guilty because xander is taking up so much of my time belle is suffering a bit - and when i do get a minute spare i'm too tired to try and do anything and have to keep telling her to go find something to do on her own. looking forward to getting into a routine of some kind!

Sounds like Shelby has the same idea as Xander and thinks we are just a source of entertainment for any hour of the day or night lol xx

I have the exact same thing was James. He feeds constantly in the evenings. I do find the more tired I am the worse it is and also if I haven't eaten or drunk enough. I just try and get him to sleep in his Moses one stretch of the night now, usually the first. He spends most of the time in bed with me. I've accepted now that this is just what he wants and I'm not going to deny him.

I have no time for anything else at the moment, I'm just sooo tired! I've started loving bf now, that helps with the baby blues. Lana- I take my hat off to you and anyone else with small children, it seems near on impossible to me to look after both!

My hubby goes bk to work tomorrow, which for us means going away as he is in the forces on a course. 4 weeks until we next see him! There has been a LOT of tears I'm really worried about not being able to do it on my own and letting James down :-(

Aww Claire! Well, we are always here for you if you feel down or stressed without your other half. WI'll happily give you my mobile number for you to text if you want XX

I have the exact same thing was James. He feeds constantly in the evenings. I do find the more tired I am the worse it is and also if I haven't eaten or drunk enough. I just try and get him to sleep in his Moses one stretch of the night now, usually the first. He spends most of the time in bed with me. I've accepted now that this is just what he wants and I'm not going to deny him.

I have no time for anything else at the moment, I'm just sooo tired! I've started loving bf now, that helps with the baby blues. Lana- I take my hat off to you and anyone else with small children, it seems near on impossible to me to look after both!

My hubby goes bk to work tomorrow, which for us means going away as he is in the forces on a course. 4 weeks until we next see him! There has been a LOT of tears I'm really worried about not being able to do it on my own and letting James down :-(

Where abouts in somerset are you claire? Im in weston super mare - you anywhere within reasonable driving distance?

I really feel for you, richard is going away overnight on monday and back late tuesday then has the remainder of the week off next week, his paternity has been all over the place cos of not being able to miss meetings etc... Im worying how i'll cope for 1 night, but i'll still only be 6 days post birth and im in terrible pain still and now with the weeping kicking in its all just a bit overwhelming! I am sure you will do a fabulous job looking after your little man!

I feel like crying (again) - my spd has hit a new height of pain - i've had a prescription faxed over to the chemist and i've got a real weak feeling in my back along with discomfort. I thought I was supposed to start feeling better - so far, its getting worse!!!

Claire- :hugs: You must be really worried about being on your own with him, I'm sure you'll be fine though, you're his mummy after all.

Lana- Yay for you being over here :happydance: I still haven't seen a pic of your little man. Sorry you're still in pain though.

Gill- Happy 2 weeks to Shelby. Do you think it's gone really really quick? I can't believe Edward is 11 days old already. It's already going too fast :(

Edward won't sleep in his basket at night either :dohh: It's so exhausting having to hold him all night, I won't fall asleep because I'm scared of squashing him. So I have a bad mummy confession already, he'll only sleep in his bouncer, so last night I laid it flat (it goes pretty much horizontal) and let him sleep in that :blush: If it was a sat up one then I wouldn't do it, but he is flat on his back when he's in it. Still feel bad though, because I'm worried he shouldn't be in it that long.

I had the blues really badly when my milk came in, I still get little episodes now, where something silly will make me cry. It is getting better though xx

Quick question...do you ladies put your LOs in proper clothes during the day? At the moment my LO is just in sleepsuits all the time, I put a fresh one on each morning and night and then any other time it needs changing. But just read another thread and it seems most people put proper outfits on during the day? :shrug: xx

My bubs just wears a vest and a sleepsuit all the time literally 24 hours a day unless she's nakey having skin to skin. Can't be bothered with outfits yet - she poops too much, it'd be covered in poo within an hour or two! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->