**February Babies**

She usually goes to bed somewhere between 10 and 11 and gets up at 8:30 but the night before we had a few issues! She went to bed at 10 and woke for a bottle around 2am. She didnt seem to be drinking and just crying. Turned out milk wasnt coming out of the bottle! Took us 4 hours to get her fed and back to sleep. Then she was up again at 8:30. She slept loads in the day so she didnt want to go to bed at normal bed time.
Special k thats an idea! Its so expensive though! Ive just been walking loads and eating more healthy stuff. But im finding sugary foods hard to stop eating...

i am so bad for snacking when oliver is sleeping, i can never be bothered having meals. like just now i am eating jelly babies, about to have a banana & actimel (but i did just eat chocolate biscuits) - thats for my lunch.. then i usually have normal food for dinner!
does she always wake up at 2am or was it a once off? sometimes when i have tried to test the milk on my wrist it doesn't seem to come out easily, thats avent bottles. the dr browns ones i have seem to come out a lot easier, the teat is so much thinner & floppier..
i don't have time to walk anywhere cause i spend most of my day taking care of my granny.. i'm just on here when i have lunch before i go back down.. :p
are you still expressing holly?

Ive been trying really hard to stop the snacking, its been working pretty well because i just stopped buying it!
She doesnt usually wake up until 5am. Most of the time its bed at 10, up for a feed at 5 then wake up time at 8:30. Other times she goes to bed at 10, up at 2 for a feed, then again at 6 then wake up at 8:30. The times she wakes up twice is when she's fallen asleep before shes had her feed before bed so i just let her sleep because she gets in a bit of a mood if i wake her up!
It was a tommee tippee bottle. Theyre ok normally so it didnt occur to me straight away what was happening! What with being half asleep at the same time.
How is your granny doing now? I hope she's doing better.
No i stopped expressing at 4 weeks. I sometimes with i carried on, but other times im thankful im no longer leaking everywhere and dont have to worry about expressing in the night and stuff, that was horrible. Do you still express?

my granny isn't doing better. she is getting worse & worse. :(

i still express, but i think i am going to stop either the start of may or june. i hate it. it takes like half an hour to get enough, & on top of it i leak, i wake up with massssive boobs that hurt because of oliver sleeping through. i am going to my cousins tomorrow & all i can think is oh dear i am going to have to take the pump.. can't wait until he is on formula. only reason i am still expressing is because it apparently reduces eczema, & oliver has dry skin so i am hoping it doesn't turn into eczema! i think he has a bit of it. but apparently you should express for 4 months to reduce it.. :\ also i don't want to swap him milk around the time i am weaning him because it will be a big change. need to talk to the health visitor!

Aww im sorry she isnt doing better :hugs:

Erin used to have dry skin when i was expressing but she doesnt anymore! :wacko:

It was times like those that made me start to stop expressing. When i would go out i couldnt pump so i gave her formula so i got less and less milk until she was getting one bottle of breast milk a day then i did it every other day then i stopped all together, just so that i didnt get too much pain from stopping completely.

When are you planning on weaning? Or just waiting for the right time whenever it is? I think im just gonna wait until i think she needs it and not really try at a certain time.

I finally got a photo of Erin smiling! Well, Chad did. Its so cute :) Ill have to put it on my facebook later.

Hows oliver been today? It doesnt seem like 5 minutes since we were all still pregnant. I miss it now!

he has patches on his hands which i think are eczema, there are a few other patches like on his knees, elbows, shoulder etc but they don't seem raised.. atm i use nothing in his bath but i'm going to start because i think he needs more than water for a good scrub.. i have simple moisturising bath stuff.. i used to pump every 3-4 hours, now it is like every 5.. i get about 7oz each time but it is a struggle, & just today he has taken the full 7oz, so i'll need to start putting in 8.. i think i am going to put him on formula on sunday! i think i'll express whenever i feel the need to, but not sure what to do with it, to give him it in a bottle, or to combine feed or just bin it!? i have aptamil formula which is the closest to breast milk; but i don't know if you can buy it here. i just don't have the time to express.

i plan on weaning at 4 months, but because he has just increased his bottle intake to 7oz every 4 hours i might do it slightly sooner. just depends how hungry he gets!

aww i want to see this photo, i'll keep a look out. it is so amazing when they smile :D

oliver's been good. watching the wedding, well he was up until kate got in the car to go to the church & he fell asleep! then woke up once it has all finished! he was wearing his tigger suit to mark the occasion..

you only miss being pregnant because you can't remember how awful it was :D

Haha probably! I bet id curse it if i was pregnant again.

Aww cute! Erins got a winnie the pooh suit. Its the one shes wearing in the photo of her smiling. But youve seen it on facebook already now.

How is the feeding going?

still expressing.. forgot how full i was in the mornings, i dropped one bottle today, but he never got any formula - i keep a couple bottles in the fridge of bm so it didn't make much of a difference!

The first few days were horrible for me. It was really painful and i leaked like crazy but it settled down after a few days of pain.

Erin had her jabs today. She wasnt impressed! How was Oliver with his?

he screamed, it was horrible. the receptionist next door said she had to leave the room because she could hear him cry. he was fine afterwards, slightly grumpy from being tired. he has his next lot on monday, really dreading it now i know how awful it is. :cry:

hey girls :) hows everyones LOs doing?! Robbies 2 months now! wow where has it all gone.. he had his jabs on the 3rd bless him he was soo hapy then the doctor jabbed him, i felt so bad :( he slept alot after them. Hes slept through the night the past couple of days! yay! i feel so much better for it. i hope he does again tonight as i have college early tomorrow all day and i need my energy! Gonna miss him loads! i could cry thinking about leaving him all day! he giggled last night!! it was so cute My OH was playing with him with the water in the bath and he just did a big giggle, i havent managed to get him to do it since though! xxxxx

Can you ladies believe its been just about a whole year since becoming pregnant?! Soon other teen ladies will be coming here for their Feb 2012 babies!!!

oliver's had two sets of his injections now.. this time it wasn't as bad, the first time it was horrible..

i can't believe it has been a year ago we all got pregnant, seems like forever ago; but still weird it was a whole year. oliver's 14 weeks tomorrow.. :cry: can't believe how fast time is going..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->