**February Babies**

oliver poops all the time! he had 5 bottles of formula in a row once & didn't poo for 24 hours. sarah, your milk shouldn't dry up if you pump before & after. i hate pumping so much! :\ takes soo long now.

lizardbreath, oliver isn't a fan of sleep. ever. he is using a size 1 teat atm, cause the size 2 for his new bottles (wind reducing) haven't arrived.. so it takes longer & he falls asleep during the night after 2/3 oz & wakes up every 2/3 hours. he takes ages to wind & on top i have to express. it's a pain! but your nights don't sound fun! especially when you have two kiddies!

Make sure you're getting lots of skin to skin and BFing in when you are at home to keep supply up!

I rock/feed Ari to sleep, they're still so young! self soothing doesn't really happen until they're around 6 months anyway.

Can't help on the sleep thing :( Te Ariki has been good at sleeping at night really, 7 and a half hours straight atm, I'm very lucky!

last few days my milk supply is like gone. i struggle to get a bottles worth so himself will be on formula soon enough. what do you use formula wise?
yeah formula babies poo like one a day if not longer! so weird.
how are you finding working?

Mine too. I only express once a day now though and get 3-4oz. The rest is all SMA. Work is ok because its only a couple of hours a day but i need to find more hours so i can get tax credits.

i used to worry abour robert pooing because my sister told me breastfed babies shouldnt poo very often and robbie poos at least 3 - 4 times a day, not very much iykwim but he still does, but my health visitor said its fine as hes obviously putting on weight like he should be doing. i read that breastfed babies could go for a week without pooing.. dont think robbie has even gone a day tbh. i think ill use sma then holly and my pump has the white triangle too, i might try it again like you said laura, got my money through now so if not i will buy an electric one. im worried about my milk drying up when i go back to college as i wont be able to pump during college, but its only 2 days a week, so it shouldnt right? hows everyones LO's now? robbies getting so big and starting to smile a bit more now when you tickle his chin or his nose! hes also not sleeping very good anymore, if i put him down when hes fell aslepp, he will sleep for like 20 mins on hs own before crying today is the first day i have put him down and hes slept for longer, hope it gets betetr as i dont want him in the routine of not being able to sleep unless hes cuddled up with me. also going to have to get him a cot very soon as his moses basket is getting too small! xxxx

Im sure your supply will be fine. Im happy just to express once a day now plus i dont leak half as much so it saves a fortune in breast pads! So the cost of formula is covered from what i dont spend on those anymore.
Erin doesnt sleep much anymore either. In the day she hardly ever sleeps. Night isnt so bad but she goes to sleep late and wakes up early. How much is Robert weighing now? Erin was 8lb11oz at 3+5 weeks.

Hey how is everyones Little ones doing at night , Im having a Horrible Time with Katherine. I dont remember Jaymee being this bad at night. She wont sleep at all during the Night , Last night she was up from 12-130 2-3 4-5 630-9 Its killing me , because Jaymee gets up at 9 -930 everyday and goes and goes and goes , she only has an hour nap at 2 and Katherine has been getting up at 2. So im running on no sleep ,OH is not helping get up with her then has the nerve to tell me Hes tired.... Sorry I just needed to get this out Im so exaused Its really getting to me I can hardly Function anymore

Those nights sound terrible :( Erins up for 30mins to an hour around every 3 hours but after about 6 hours she wants to get up. They have to start sleeping better soon right?!

Make sure you're getting lots of skin to skin and BFing in when you are at home to keep supply up!

I rock/feed Ari to sleep, they're still so young! self soothing doesn't really happen until they're around 6 months anyway.

Can't help on the sleep thing :( Te Ariki has been good at sleeping at night really, 7 and a half hours straight atm, I'm very lucky!

I always feed Oliver to sleep, not even on purpose. He just falls asleep on the bottle everytime! Oliver usually does 5 hours at the most, but he takes in SO much wind when having a bottle that he doesn't settle well. (I do wind him!!)

Laura have you tried gripe water? Erin was really gassy and i tried it and it worked well :)

tried everything i can think of.

gripe water, infacol, colief, dr browns bottles, winding on my shoulder/back/knees, lying flat then picking up to wind, winding after every oz, letting him drink as much as he wants then wind, keeping him upright half an hour after every bottle, changing my diet, formula...

Must be horrible :( gassy babies arent easy! Have you been able to ask your health visitor if shes got any ideas?

yeaah, she said 'try getting all his wind up before you put him down'..

the fact is i can't get all his wind up. idiot.

Aww :( I really dont know what you can do at all! I found two teeth in Erins mouth! Theyre just pushing through the gum. She was being very fussy for a week and drooling loads. I thought it was way too early for her to get teeth!

How are you and Oliver doing? Not heard from you in ages!

omg! two teeth? thats insane! i never knew they could get them this early. poor thing, has she got red cheeks? thats sometimes a symptom! was it obvious her teeth were coming through? sometimes i have a feel around in olivers mouth & thought i felt a hardish bit at one point but i think it is just the gum! where are the teeth?

i know, i've not spoke to you in ages! we are doing good, he is so big now. how are you & erin? is she in 0-3 month clothes?

Not obvious at the time because i didnt think it was possible! But she drools loads and her cheeks are a bit red and she's hated being put down.

How much does Oliver eat at a time now? Erins had about 11 3oz bottles today.. Its felt never ending.

We're good thanks. She was in 0-3 at 1 week 6 days. Now theyre starting to get too small on her feet! Is Oliver still in 0-3?

Robert now weighs 11lb 4 1/2 oz but at 3 weeks he was 10lb on the dot, but he was a big baby born especially as my bump was smallish, 8lb 15 1/2 oz! He's starting to get to big for 0-3 too but 3 -6 drown him, my sister said to put him in 0-3 footless suits and just out socks on him! Well done Erin on the teeth! Robbie started cooing now! So cute! Also follows me and his daddy with his eyes bless him! He sleeps okay at night tbh, only wakes once at 2 for a feed and change, then around 6-7 am for another feed! He's so mummy mard though, he screams when daddy gets up with him at night! Or if he's crying only I can settle him, I like that he's like that but I also don't as sometimes need 5 mins to myself at times and also feel bad on OH as it makes him feel rubbish, he's getting better though! Is anyone elses baby like this? Xxxx

oliver is still in 0-3 but the sleepsuits are starting to get small on him so won't be long until he is in 3-6 months! it seems such a shame getting rid of all his clothes. i wish babies never grew up so fast!

aww robert was a big baby, so was oliver at 8lbs 9 1/2 oz! yeah there seemed to be like no difference between newborn & 0-3 clothes but a massive difference between 0-3 & 3-6! it is weird because some 0-3 month clothes don't fit him & others are too big. i think they should make them all the same size! it is so annoying. i have only got one footless sleepsuit, i wish i had thought about it before & got more.. i thought oliver was growing too fast, so glad everyone elses babies are about the same! he isn't clingy to me at all, i always am running in & out of rooms though..

I love how Erin follows me with her eyes :) She seems to settle best for me too when shes being changed etc. Shes asleep next to me on Chads side of the bed at the moment :) 3-6 look huge compared to her too! Ive only got one 3-6 sleepsuit but never put it on her. Just measured it at the side and her feet only went half way down the legs! Ive put all of her clothes that are too small in a box that im gonna put in the loft for baby number 2.
I dont envy you two giving birth to big babies! I recall telling the midwife "i think i just tore myself a new arse hole" I hadnt but it certainly felt like it! A bigger baby must have felt much worse...

Te Ariki is almost out of 3-6 :dohh: He was hhuugge though.

Sounds like all the babies are doing great and growing so fast! :thumbup: Very proud of myself for exclusive BF and Ari growing so well :) he weighs 14lbs now :flower:

holly, i forgot to say oliver usually takes 3-4oz each feed, every 3 hours. sometimes 4 and a half oz, but not often! you'd think at the size of him he would be taking more!

I WANNA SEE PICTURES OF EVERYONES BABIEEEES! oliver is ten weeks old today!

oliver weighed 14lbs when he was last measured & he is still in 0-3 month clothes! i think he is kinda shortish & chubby. lmao! how long were everyones babies? oliver has only ever been in a 3-6 month jacket (his 0-3 one was oddly shaped!?) and a 3-6 month top for mothers day cause it said my mummy rocks!

i don't think a big baby would make thaaat much difference unless it was like 11lbs tbh. cause i only got 3 stitches & thats because oliver came out with his hands at his face! otherwise i would have been okay! how easy it is pushing depends on the babies position, oliver was in a weird position so pushing for me sucked.. but i know someone who had a 11lbs or 12lbs baby, & they had to dislocate the babies shoulder to get him out cause they never realised how big he was because she was big herself..

Yeah I know what you mean about 0-3 varying in size, i bought a pack of sleepsuits from primark in 0-3 when I was 19 weeks pregnant and there now getting snug on him, my mil brought him a pack of 0-3 sleepsuits also from primark after he was born and there huge on him! I don't know if it's because she bought boy sleepsuits and I bought neautral or what! Robbie giggled at me about half an hour ago! He'd just been fed he laid there and did a little giggle! I nearly cried it was so cute! I will add a pic at the weekend when I can find my computer lead will have a proper look this weekend though! I don't want to go back to college I have to back 2 weeks tomorrow, it makes me so sad to think I'm going to leave him two days a week! Only for a few weeks though! Especially after him giggling tonight, I don't want to miss anything he might do in the few weeks I'm there! Xxxxx

Aww sounds so cute! Ill add some pictures when i got time. Erins kicking me in the side right now with her tongue stuck out. She's been eating loads today! As soon as one bottles empty she wants another one.

Isnt it so strange to see how much theyve grown already?!

it is mad that they've grown so much because i haven't noticed it at all, it's like the clothes have all shrunk! lol.

Her neck is so much stronger now and shes really alert and hardly sleeps in the day. Does Oliver sleep much in the day?

Baby sun cream! Use it to be on the safe side? Or just trust that keeping them out of the sun will be enough? Im not sure. Its apparently on sale in Tesco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->