fed up and impatient...

laurag15

Reaction score
So im nearly 35weeks and im so fed up. I have a constant ache under my ribs, I've been getting cramps in my belly for weeks and sharp pains down there. I finish work on Saturday which im glad about as im now struggling to bend and get up etc (i work in a shop) but equally, at the moment, on my days off i am bored out of my brains. So how am i going to cope another 5weeks sat at home with nothing to do? Its catch 22. I really can't wait to meet my baby boy now and it just feels like its dragging so much. Im impatient and feel like i want him in my arms right now lol. Anyone else fed up and counting the days!

Perspective!!!

Just remember how much better it is for your baby to stay in for as long as absolutely possible!

https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/why-at-least-39-weeks-is-best-for-your-baby.aspx

At this point I'm fighting so so hard to keep my boys in and have been for a couple of months now despite how much it hurts (OMG does everything hurt and simply going to the bathroom and getting dressed is a major challenge - I'm on 19 meds a day, including insulin for GD which means dealing with 10+ needle pokes a day, and am sick to death of running to several appointments a week for monitoring). Still, I'd do anything to make it to 35 weeks, and hopefully beyond. I don't want to have to deal with them struggling health wise just because I'm so excited to hold them!!!

NICU time is still a very real possibility at 34 weeks so when you have those really impatient moments remember that having him out likely wouldn't result in having him in your arms just yet. Use your time to really get well organized at home and continue to prepare mind and body. Your day will be here before you know it! :flower:

Only in that I'm excited to meet baby!!! I'm just enjoying it, enjoying being kicked and punched in my privates lol. I feel like it's going to drag and I just want to know my baby is safe and sound, but just have to be patient :)

I'm into my second week off and certainly not been bored!!!! I've cleaned the house, been swimming, finished the nursery, walked the dogs, read (and I hate reading lol), checked out a local breastfeeding group, cooked lots, done the baby clothes washing. And sat on my arse a lot!!!! Heaven.

Thanks for your replies. I do want what is best for my baby and i understand the risks if he came early. My main issue is boredom. The nursery is all ready. The hospital bag is packed. I used to walk the dog and have her for company., but unfortunately after 16years we had to have her put down a few weeks ago. Also about 5months into my pregnancy i lost my nan who i was very close to and i used to spend alot of time with. Feel so alone and just fed up

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and your nan. That's rough stuff to have to deal with during pregnancy :cry:

Not sure if you have done any of this stuff but you could maybe journal a bit or write letters to your baby to stick in his baby book if you plan to have one. Get or give yourself a mani or pedi, get a massage or get your hair done. Try to learn something new - like I've never been able to knit despite my best efforts to learn and have recently renewed my interest to try to distract me (it's frustrating as hell but a great time suck lol). Pinterest is great for getting ideas for new crafts or recipes to try. If you'll be nursing bake up a freezer stash of lactation cookies or meals you can just reheat so when baby gets here you don't have to worry about cooking on nights you're tired. Get your Christmas lists made up if you celebrate it. Sounds hokey but meditate or even get out and take a prenatal yoga class.

Try to space a bunch of ideas like that out over the next few weeks so you've got at least one thing on the books you can look forward to trying or completing for each day. It can really help pull you out of the slump boredom can bring on!

You can also start a new hobby (knitting, crocheting)...get out a little bit each day so you are breaking up your day.
I agree, you need to keep your baby in to term.
Like Messica, I'm also high-risk and tying to keep my baby in for another 4 weeks! I had preterm baby my first pregnancy that resulted in a loss. I'm currently on bed rest which means I'm getting bored four weeks later - I wish I could go for a walk, get out of the house for anything other than just my weekly doctor appointments! I'm sore and achy as well - it's difficult being pregnant now. I can't seem to find a comfortable spot for log enough, my stomach's achy, I have horrible constipation...back aches. List goes on!
Messica - we're both 32 + 6 TODAY! hang in there - hope you make it far!

I could have written this post myself. I feel the same way. I've justed finished work and I love not having to go to work. But my dh takes the car to work so I'm stuck at home all day.

I know how you feel. I'm still working until the last Saturday in the month, so I'm not all that bored, but I am definitely ready for my little lady to arrive. DD1 spent 3 weeks in NICU after being born@ 34 weeks. I'm so glad I've made it past that point in this pregnancy. Now all I can think about is how soon can I have DD2 in my arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->