Fed up of others comments!

mrs unicorn

Reaction score
This is my first baby (after an early loss) so it's all new to me, but what is with people?! The comments I've had, from family members, about the size of my bump already are really p*****g me off! They don't live close so have been asking for pics of the bump, then I get 'OMG' 'LOL' 'it's going to be a huge baby' 'I was 6 months before I was as big as you' or 'are you sure they've got your dates right? I am petite, 5ft2" and (was) size 8uk, and although I've put on weight I'm well within the healthy range so far. Normally I couldn't care less about what others think or say about me but just so fed up of these comments, I actually find them upsetting. It's making me paranoid that I'm not 'normal'. Am I really obscenely big?!

Also, please feel free to add your rant on here too!

Attachments

• IMG_4488.jpg
    IMG_4488.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4498.jpg
    IMG_4498.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 37
It's a beautiful bump and growing lovely, not sure why it always seems a shock to some people that pregnant lady's tummys do get bigger- take no notice of them!

We have the same due date mrs unicorn!

You pretty much summed up exactly what I am experiencing myself. I have an Aunt that feels the need to always point out how "huge" I am. This weekend she went a little too far asking me if I was sure I wasn't having twins and that I'm HUGE and I better start preparing myself because my baby will be massive.

But I'm not taking the bait. People like her are just trying to get a rise out of us and I'm not gonna let it happen. Enjoy your pregnancy, enjoy your bump, dont let anyone take away your glow. Your bump is gorgeous and perfect!

Attachments

• 14699841_10157548873260263_2122683047_n.jpg
    14699841_10157548873260263_2122683047_n.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 12
I'm so sorry, love. It will never stop unfortunately. :hugs: People are always going to find SOMETHING to comment on that they have no reason to. You kind of just have to learn to smile and nod. I know it's so annoying and so frustrating.

Your bump is beautiful and perfect. :hugs:

It looks perfectly fine and normal to me! Don't send anymore pics to them in future :grr:

Aw, you have a cute bump! Plus you're tiny everywhere else! You're not big at all.
I'm jealous. I'm getting big everywhere :(

Don't listen to her. Everyone's body is different. You look great.

This is me with every single pregnancy. I'm now 18 weeks and definitly have a bump and while I do make big babies I've had to deal with people each time. Usually when I start asking about their BMI they shut up. Haha

I bet they're jealous of you being a size 8 & see this as a chance to mention your weight for once. Ignore them & enjoy your beautiful bump!

oh thank you ladies, you are all wonderful! It annoys me we all have to put up with rude people. I wouldn't dream of commenting on someone in that way!

loraloo - exactly! Surprise, my tummy is getting bigger because there's a tiny human growing in there! :dohh:

Hearmyprayers - yey for being EDD buddies! Your bump looks fab. Thank you so much for sharing. I have also had the twins comment , and the 'you must be having a girl because you've put weight on your backside and hips' grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :grr:

xamour - thank you love. I will most definitely toughen up, I guess it was the initial shock of how rude people are (and the preggo hormones :winkwink: )

smiley - that is my plan now, no pictures for them!

Bicorn - I'm sure you look wonderful regardless. Our bodies all react in different ways, they are still incredible whatever size we are.

pix - :rofl: I need to remember that one!!

pansy - maybe?! I do love having a bump so much though, just having an emotional day I think!

Beautiful bumps ladies! :thumbup:

Try to ignore, I'm not sure why everyone comments but they do! Everyone acts like I should be 7/8 months pregnant now, but I've only put on about 1 stone - it's just all bump and it sticks out because I'm narrow! I try not to be offended (and heck, yes you and I may well have big babies in there... so what?! :haha:).

This is me at 22 weeks with baby #2. So far people have been nice but I'm way bigger at this point than I was with my daughter. I was in third tri before I looked like this but I try to remind myself that you get bigger faster with the second baby. Like others said I would just do your best to ignore what others say and enjoy your changing body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4
I always get the opposite: "Oh, I didn't even know you were pregnant, you have such a tiny bump. Are you sure baby is growing okay?" Even into the late third trimester, people always think I'm further behind in my pregnancy than I am. I'm 17 weeks and aside from my belly button sticking out and my tummy looking pudgy, I'm still not showing at all. When people comment, it makes me feel like I'm not having a healthy pregnancy. I wish people would just mind their own business and not comment on pregnant women's bodies at all.

I don't see anything abnormal about your bump, I think it's beautiful. People are so weird

I always get the opposite: "Oh, I didn't even know you were pregnant, you have such a tiny bump. Are you sure baby is growing okay?" Even into the late third trimester, people always think I'm further behind in my pregnancy than I am. I'm 17 weeks and aside from my belly button sticking out and my tummy looking pudgy, I'm still not showing at all. When people comment, it makes me feel like I'm not having a healthy pregnancy. I wish people would just mind their own business and not comment on pregnant women's bodies at all.

I guess we cannot win either way eh? We're either too big or too small! I don't think people realise that it makes you worry when they say stuff like that. Although why I do not know, it's fairly obvious!

This is me at 22 weeks with baby #2. So far people have been nice but I'm way bigger at this point than I was with my daughter. I was in third tri before I looked like this but I try to remind myself that you get bigger faster with the second baby. Like others said I would just do your best to ignore what others say and enjoy your changing body.

That's a beautiful bump!!

Beautiful bumps!

People are twats, it's the scenario where it seems people seem to think that they have the right to make public comments on peoples bodies.

I've had people tell me recently that I'm "hiding it well".... Wasn't aware I was hiding being pregnant at all..

You look absolutely perfect and amazing, and definitely completely normal sized! This is one thing I HATE about pregnancy too! I got constant comments last time about how "huge" I was from co workers, and now I am starting to get them again. It's so dumb - it's like people have no idea what a pregnant person is supposed to look like? I think they just notice that your bump is growing and feel excited about it but don't know how to make an appropriate comment so they blurt out something dumb.

I got it this time and last about how huge I was, was I sure it wasn't twins etc. Last few weeks I've felt smaller although actually if I compare bump
Pics I'm not but it must be the way I'm carrying now as people have gone from saying I'm massive to telling me how small I am which really freaked me out. Luckily scan today reassured me everything growing ok

And yes it's nobody else's business. Don't send any more pics

I think most people mean well and it comes out wrong! My bump looks like yours and I am also of thin build, so I think slimmer ladies show sooner. People might think that you want them to say it's big if you send them a pic, it could sound rude to reply that you don't really have much of a bump yet 😂

You look great! Most people just make "pregnancy small talk" about your bump, the sex of the baby, the name of the baby... let it all wash over you and enjoy your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->