Fed up with my neighbours

FleurDeMai

Reaction score
We live in a bungalow that was renovated into 3 separate appartments: one upstairs, one downstairs, and one at one end where the garage used to be. Since we've moved in the dowstairs appartment, the people upstairs have been annoying (too loud, constantly parking in our spot, at one point one of the kids tried putting stray cats inside our appartment) but it's nothing too important. The new neighbours, in the garage appartment, are something else... They have not been here long, and already I'm hoping they move out. It started with them putting their trailer on a part of the yard that is ours - without asking first. Then they took the garbage bin that's for all three appartments and put it in their yard. Everyone (the landlord, the guy upstairs, my OH) asked them to put it back where it should, and they did, but the next day they had taken it back. I've no idea where it actually is. OH says he found it last week, it had been there for over a month, and it was full of maggots. According to OH, it doesn't look like they've put anything in it in over two weeks, they're now putting their trash in the second garbage bin which is now too full for us to throw away anything. But they still insist on keeping the garbage bin!
They also stole something from OH: a few cement blocks. Nothing valuable, but stealing is stealing. And at some point they had obstructed one of our entrances with old tires. Just when I was about to call the fire department (step-father is a firefighter and he told me to do that since it jeopardise our safety in case of fire) they moved some tires so now there's still stuff in front of the door but we can easily get out. Doesn't change that it's not where they should store their stuff.

We asked the person who manages the place (we have no direct contact with the landlord) to do something but it doesn't look like he's going to. He's getting through a divorce and he's too busy taking and selling drugs to care about his damned job.

Does anyone have some advice to give me?
I'm not going to confront them myself, to be honest I don't understand anything when they speak, they speak way too fast and in a dialect I've no entirely familiar with... OH understands them just fine, but he doesn't know what to do anymore.

I would call the police and report the theft.

No advice but big hugs that sounds like a real nightmare! They are taking the piss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->