Fed up with work!!

mrsrose16

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 16+3 with my first baby and I am finding work so hard! Is anyone else experiencing this?

There is nothing wrong with my job, my manager is fine and so are my colleagues and the job isn't stressful, I am just finding work to be a burden to me atm!

I sit here everyday and practically do minimal to no work and have the odd day where I feel I can do loads. I cant seem to concentrate at all and find myself falling asleep at my desk often. Its starting to get me down as this is a fairly new role to me and I feel like I am taking the mick. :(

All I want is to be at home preparing our spare room for the baby. I have no interest in anything else. Help :(

I definitely feel that. I'm counting down to 32 weeks, which is the earliest Canadians can start maternity leave without going on sick leave first. 19 weeks today.

Oh that sucks! I think we in the U.K are able to start when we are about 29 weeks. But even that sounds too far away. I could really do with being at home now, but unless your rich not many people can afford to do that.

Still done no work today and just want to go home!:nope:

And here I thought I was fortunate to be able to take a fully paid leave at 36 weeks through my company... I'm jealous of you ladies.

Lol I'm not allowed to take time off until baby the week before due date and then 45 work days after with differential pay. The only saving grace is I teach so only 17 more school days until summer and the last week is all minimum days.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, my colleagues and manager are amazing but I work on my feet all day and I do mostly 8/9 hour shifts with 1 hour lunch break. I'm from the UK but so we can take maternity leave from 29 weeks. I am staying until I'm 36 weeks as I still have 4 weeks annual leave to take before my maternity leave starts. I only get the first 6 weeks 90% of my average earnings then the rest of it is the SMP which isn't great :( roll on 22nd July for my last day!!

Same boat. Except I work 10 hour shifts and on my feet 9 out of the 10 hours. I'm exhausted and just over it all already. I was just approved my maternity leave. Which at my job we can't take maternity leave until either a the baby is about to come or your Dr puts you on bed rest. Which I tell them I'm going to tell my Dr to do all the time. Only thing stropping me is i get paid 100% for the first 2weeks I'm out. Then 4 weeks after that it's knocked down to 60%. I was approved another 6weeks after for bonding time but I have to call HR to find out if I get that with pay or not. UGH.. I'll be 23wks tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->