Fed up

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
This is going so sound so stupid but I need to let it out.

Me and my OH went to visit kittens and he CHOSE 3 of them.

So weve got 3 kittens.

One of them is so naughty, shes now pooed at the back of the living room and has weed at the back of it too.

When we wake up the landing stinks cos of all the shit and piss in it.

I want rid of 2 of them but OH says no we cant split them up blah blah.

Its unhygenic for Freya!!

can you not keep them in the kitchen or something? so they are not wondering about the house? and if their litter tray is in kitchen maybe they will start to use it more?

How old are they?
How much freedom do they have in house?
How many litter trays have you got for them?
How long have you had them?

I don't think your kitty is naughty, usually there is a reason for them doing that

I had a very naughty kitty, we had to keep her in one room with a litter tray until she got the point.

If you have more than 1 cat you have more than 1 tray, some people say you should have 1 tray each and 1 more!!!

With a kid in the house that's A LOT, but maybe try 1 more tray and put it apart from the other.

Did you notice what type of litter the owners of the mama cat were using? Some cats are really sensitive to changes in litter so maybe a change might work.

There are 2 litter trays, and my kitchen is so tiny the tray will take up so much room

Make sure you are cleaning up the mess she makes properly, you need to use a biological detergent - that'll break down the urine and poop smells, and fatty residues left behind in the poop should be taken away using surgical spirit.

Stay away from using scented cleaners especially don't use bleach as it can often doesn't actually get rid of the scent and bleach smells too much like urine. Sometimes it will have been an accident but being able to smell it they will go there again.

There are litters you can buy with herbal attractant in to try and encourage them to use it.

Do you have open trays or are they the enclosed ones?

Try swapping the type perhaps it might make a difference.

Nevermind the crazy cat lady your OH is the crazy cat man :haha:
Would it be worth putting up with for a while hun? Because they will start and behave themselves as they get older, especially with going to the toilet etc.

Pets at home sell a good cleaner for getting rid of smells / cleaning up after accidents.

Is your oh cleaning up after them? Because if not, I woukd say fine, keep them together, they all go. Having a kitten is hard enough without a baby / toddler but there is no way I would get one kitten now never mind three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->