Feeding baby solid food question

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
I've been trying to feed Noah solids starting at about 6 months old. Ive stoped alot because of all the issues with his stomach. When I try to feed him, he will not open his mouth. I have to trick him to get the spoon in his mouth. Once it is in he seems to enjoy it. Does this mean he isnt ready? or Do all babies do this?
I dont know if it matters, but Ive been making all his baby food, and started on veggies first.

Hmm... Erica does this just when she is distracted or grumpy.. Does he do it with all types of foods? I'm not really sure if its an indication that he isn't ready, since he does like it once he opens up. Hopefully someone will have better advice!! :hugs:

Sam didn't open his mouth at first either - well he would, but not for the spoon to go in! I used to sit there opening my mouth when I wanted him to and he started copying me - didn't take him long to realise what he should be doing (and now he sits there with his mouth open waiting for the next spoonful while I get more food on the spoon :rofl:) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->