Feeding every hour or sooner...

ready4num2

Reaction score
My LO will be four weeks in three days. Last week she had a major growth spurt it seemed. She wants to feed every hour on the dot if not a little sooner. She will go longer during the night 4+ hours usually which is great. During the day though as soon as I'm putting her down she's ready for the next feed it seems! It's so hard taking her out or trying to do anything while I'm home. Will it always be like this for feeds? Or should she go longer as she gets older?

It won't last long. Xxx Just feed on demand as she knows what she wants/needs.

My dd does this as well. Everywhere says they should be able to make it 2-3 hours during the day, but like you I only have a few minutes between the end of the feed until the next one. It is impossible to get anything done which is frustrating. No advice but I hope they grow out of it soon!!

DD1 was like this, have you tried a wrap or carrier mine went to sleep in this when I walked around so might give you a bit more time between feeds?

I've thought about it. I bought a sling months ago and cannot find it anywhere. Even if I'm carrying her around she still wants to eat. She's a very happy and not fussy only screams when she's hungry. It's not even your typical hunger cry it's a screaming bloody murder cry!

She will, it may take a while but she will. My baby fed every hour in the day until about 3 months then she went to every 90 mins and then at about 5 months to every 2 hours and then when I weaned her at 6 months things started changing a bit quicker. Now at 10 months she is much less bothered about feeding, doesn't scream the place down to be fed and enjoys her baby led weaning! I think I probably feed her about every 2-3 hours still but most of those are quick 5 minute top ups and she's ready to go again, she's more efficient and there's none of this feeding for 90 mins straight business. Overall I feel like I don't spend anywhere near as much time feeding as I did and she's far more flexible, she'll wait whilst I'm driving somewhere or whilst I finish eating etc. It gets much easier, even with a baby who feeds more often than "the norm" x

It's good to hear it does get better. I've wanted to give up a few times now and I'm really glad I didn't. Between yesterday and today I feel we're the best days, even though it's still every hour. Today she just stopped feeding looked up at me and just had the biggest smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->