Feeding not satisfying her

A

AppleBlossom

Grace has always been greedy and is constantly after a bottle. She will wake up for one at night around 4 o clock but it is rare that she will take more than 2 ounces before falling back to sleep. So I changed her formula to the hungrier babies one last week and it hasn't made any difference and she is still guzzling bottles down like there's no tomorrow although she rarely drinks the whole thing in one go. A few people have said to maybe try giving her a tiny bit of baby rice with her milk which might satisfy her more but she's only 2 months old so I can't give her any can i? Also when she is drinking a lot of the time she gets sleepy halfway through and often she'll be sucking for ages and when I take the bottle away and check how much she's drank she will have had less than half an ounce. Could this mean that the hole in the teats she's using are too small for her and she's tiring herself out by sucking so much? It's just I think if she were more satisfied she could gradually cut out that 4 oc lock feed as she only seems to be topping herself up a little bit

I say Deffinatly change the teat size to a bigger one see how that goes first x

Id try a differnt teat size hun , sounds like the others are too small ;)

I think the hungrier baby milk is meant to be harder to get through the teat so yeah, try the next size up.

I would change to a teat with bigger holes.

Have you tried giving her a little bit of water? She could be thirsty.

i agree change the teat size, and also what i do is i change lucys bum half way through her feed and that tends to wake her up so i can give her the rest of her bottle.

If your on stage 1 teat move to stage 2 defo Caitlin was moved forward around a month old maybe even before - slight diff reason but makes sense to me.

I was going to say the same change the size of the teat...when the hungry baby food is in the bottle if you tip it up does it still dribble out of the teat? when i used it with maddy it always used to clog up and get stuck...it was a nightmare!

i would also try and wake her up by changing her mid way if she falls asleep and at her 4 oclock feed try giving her some cooled boiled water that will give her the feeling of being full if she just needs a top up or if shes thirsty may do the trick

good luck

h x

I was going to say the same change the size of the teat...when the hungry baby food is in the bottle if you tip it up does it still dribble out of the teat? when i used it with maddy it always used to clog up and get stuck...it was a nightmare!

The milk does still drip slowly out of the teat. I suppose it can't hurt to try a different size

The milk does still drip slowly out of the teat. I suppose it can't hurt to try a different size
Tabs' feed is very thick and have to use 6month+ teats for it,it should be a steady drip drip drip drip every secondor a little faster. when you have changed teats sit her up a little bit at first so she gets used to the flow....dont want to drown her! lol

Also have you tried once she wakes to put the dummy in and see if that settles her before you rush for the bottle.....sometimes works for tabs but not always lol,she usually wakes another hour later for a genuine feed but worth trying as im sure someone else mentioned that on here once too.

i use the fari flow teats they seem to work really well for kira

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->