Feeding

Jo-anne

Reaction score
Lewis is now 7 months and for some reason has stopped sleeping through the night. :crib: Been like this for about a month now - yawn.

Im just trying to work out what causing this sudden change. So am curious to see if he is feeding enough during the day.

What do you give your wee ones to eat in a day???

My health visitor says he should get 3 bottles, a breakfast, lunch and dinner but how much breakfast lunch and dinner??? a half a jar a full jar?

Please help the matchsticks holding my eyes up are starting to hurt:rofl:

Aww Jo-Anne, we had that with Charlie, so I can definitely sympathise hun.:hugs:

He is sleeping great now though, thankfully!

At 7 months, Charlie used to have:
7 oz bottle at 6am
1 weetabix and cows milk at 8.30am
Savoury and desert at 11.30am (equivelent volume of half jar and a yogurt, but usually he's at nursery or I cook him something)
Snack at 2pm (fruit or breadstick, etc)
Savoury and desert at 4pm (same as lunch)
7 oz bottle at 6.30pm
Then he'd be up anytime from midnight to 3am for another 7oz bottle.

Now he's almost 11 months and it's:
8oz bottle at 6am
2 weetabix and cows milk at 8.30am
Savoury and desert at 11.30am (equivent of full jar and a yogurt)
Snack at 2pm
Savoury and desert at 4pm
8oz bottle at 6.30pm
Then sleep!!!

Hope that helps hun, and typing that has made me realise its past 11.30am so I should really go and sort his lunch out! Today is a round of wholemeal toast and butter, one egg - scrambled, and about 3 tablespoons baked beans, followed by a yogurt.

Thanks for replying Amanda - just trying everything at the mo hoping lewi will sleep:sleep:

Could he be teething? I think Bethanie is at the moment (dribbling lots, more whingy than usual) and she is waking a lot in the night - not for a feed, but general moaning until we give her some Bonjela or her dummy.

Bethanie's meals are:
8am - 210ml milk (about 7 ounces) with porridge and fruit puree/yoghurt
12pm - Half a jar of baby food (the from 7 month ones) - if shes a bit hungry afterwards I give her a snack, like a bit of banana or a rice cake. She has a little drink of water or juice at this time as well.
2:30pm - 150ml milk (about 5 ounces)
5pm - Maybe a little snack if she seems to be getting a bit hungry (again fruit, rusk etc)
6pm - Half a jar of baby food and half a jar of a fruit pudding
7:30pm - 180ml milk
8pm - Bed

She sleeps through to about 7:30/8am.

Hope that helps, and I know it can be a bit confusing.. I always worry about how much to give.

Thanks Tilly - yes he is teething and is immune to teething remedies tried everything:wacko:ahhhh

Have you tried Anesbol on his gums Joanne? My DD also seems to be immune to the teething remedies but then I tried Anesbol and it does seem to make a difference.

I read today that a cold banana (put in the freezer) is good too is your little one is teething. They like it more than the teething rings because it tastes better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->