Feeds at 11 months

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi my little boy is now 11 months and he is EBF still. He still refuses milk out of a bottle and a sippy cup. He drinks water fine from a sippy cup though. He still breastfeeds a lot which im fine with. He still wakes loads at night as well. He has recently been very poorly in hospital for over a week where he didnt eat at all. So at the moment he is feeding even more than usual (I made sure I pumped regulary while we were in Hosp). My problem is I am meant to be returning to work in October where I will be working two days a week. (Friday and saturday). So on those days I wont see him from 7.45am until around 6pm. Im really worried as he doesnt drink from a bottle. I will most probably only be able to pump once on my lunch as well and im worried this will somehow ruin my supply for those two days. I want to carry on feeding him as normal the other days. Im not sure what to do. Xx

Hi my little boy is now 11 months and he is EBF still. He still refuses milk out of a bottle and a sippy cup. He drinks water fine from a sippy cup though. He still breastfeeds a lot which im fine with. He still wakes loads at night as well. He has recently been very poorly in hospital for over a week where he didnt eat at all. So at the moment he is feeding even more than usual (I made sure I pumped regulary while we were in Hosp). My problem is I am meant to be returning to work in October where I will be working two days a week. (Friday and saturday). So on those days I wont see him from 7.45am until around 6pm. Im really worried as he doesnt drink from a bottle. I will most probably only be able to pump once on my lunch as well and im worried this will somehow ruin my supply for those two days. I want to carry on feeding him as normal the other days. Im not sure what to do. Xx

He will be a year old by then and so won't need the nutrition of breastmilk on those two days (unless he really hasn't taken to food). I went back to work 3days per week when LO was one and she never took a bottle during my work days, she just ate more food. I also never pumped although I had the advantage of getting to feed her when I collected her from nursery at 4:45pm. So you may want to pump for comfort but I reckon if he's hetting a morning and evening feed on work days and as much as he wants the other days your supply will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->