Feel awful, have an aversion to my baby's smell

jessmke

Reaction score
My sense of smell gets out of control when I'm pregnant and I get aversions to a lot of smells. I have a 1 year old DD and ever since getting pregnant I don't want to hold/cuddle her because of her smell. She isn't a particularly smelly child, wears clean clothes and gets a bath every night, and I've never noticed a smell about her before getting pregnant, but now I notice her scent all the time and it turns my stomach. I try to still cuddle and interact with her normally for her sake, and am still breastfeeding her, but I feel horrible because I don't like being close to her right now. In my first pregnancy I had an aversion to the smell of one of my dogs and couldn't pet or cuddle that dog my whole pregnancy, and as soon as my daughter was born I could no longer smell the dog and everything went back to normal, so I know this aversion won't last forever but it just makes me so sad that I might spend the next 6 months disliking my daughter's hugs and cuddles. Anyone else get an aversion to a person while pregnant??

Aww hun that is so sad!! I'm sorry to read that. I've never had that happen, but I bet it's terrible! I hope it passes soon.

rub a line of vic's under your nose or something when shes close?

Not quite the same, but I've started to hate mine trying to breastfeed. :( There's practically nothing there now so she never stays on long, but the sensation is horrible and irritating and I want to tell her to go away!!!! She doesn't seem to DO anything when she is on there at the moment either - she just sits there fluttering for a bit and I am finding it unbearable. :( :( :(

Yep me!! My DS was similar age i think when I had HG with DS2.. awful he smelt so bad to me (him and everyone/thing else!)

I don't have kids yet but I am totally averse to my dogs and my husband before he showers in the morning. It's gotten so bad I have like 8 air fresheners in the bedroom because when I wake up in the morning the stink of all of them makes me want to vomit. I keep having to ask people of my house smells because I know it's not normal it's my pregnancy nose but my whole house smells so gross to me now.

My house smells gross to me too, especially the inside of my fridge no matter how much I clean it. It was the same last pregnancy. I also can't stand the smell of one of my coworkers. I can deal with all of that, I just hate being grossed out by my daughter. Interestingly today was the worst my morning sickness has ever been, but my daughter's smell didn't bother me nearly as much as it usually does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->