Feel like I’ll never find any names I like!

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
My partner picked our son’s name. He had solidly had this name in mind so there was no questioning it. I liked it, so there was no argument about it.

I want to pick this name this time, but I’m incredibly choosy, so I’ve been looking at names since day one! We don’t know the sex yet, so looking at both!

I either know someone with the name (an ex, OH’s ex, generally people I do not like), someone else I know have named their child that, or it’s just too much of a common name. Eg. My sons name is popular so there are several oliver’s in his nursery class, I would like something a little different this time.

I keep seeing the same names on lists, I’m tired of seeing the same names! I’m also going to ask for my family tree from my Nan to see if I can get inspiration.

I know I’d like William as a middle name for a boy as it was my grandads middle name, but that’s about as far as I’ve gotten haha

Can anyone recommend any good websites that have good lists of names? I hate going through everything alphabetically through thousands and thousands of names too!

My second born is called Oliver (it’s not so common in Northern Ireland) and my eldest is called Isabelle, they go nicely together. Although again Isabelle isn’t popular here, but I know it is other places.

To be honest it's the same old same old on all the websites I've looked it!! If we have a boy it'll be Nathan Patrick, after DHs dad so thats easy. We've looked at thousands of girls names, so far we've agreed on Carys (pronounced Carris), but we never have a name set in stone, we'll decide for sure once we see him/her!

Nameberry is quite good for making suggestions rather than trawling through A-Z lists. I have no idea either and I’m finding it difficult!

Yep I know what you mean, I have 2 children,
Megan (wasn't even on the list until she arrived and no other names suited her)
and Zachary (struggled to come up with a name we both liked, then watched a film with zac efron in and had a tah-dah! Moment)
not sure what this baby is yet, if it's a girl it will be lily or Emilia, but if it's a boy I have no idea what we will call him!

Cant really help but just thought I'd say I'm with you on this! My hubby has absolutely no name ideas and trying to get one from him is like drawing water from a rock lol! I have just one i really like but he hates, then i have some I'm not sold on but I've written down just cause we need SOMETHING on the list but he either doesn't like or goes err i dunno for every one i suggest. :dohh: its driving me crazy and every name site just gives the same suggestions OR i have to drag through them alphabetically which takes ridiculously long and has 10 variations of spelling on most names to take even longer.. So yeah at this rate baby will be nameless lol. Lucky theres 19 weeks left to find one i have a feeling it will take that whole time!

I felt the same way and we are team yellow this time (and were last time) so we had to come up with boy and girl names. My husband has no suggestions And i feel like the sites are all the same lists. For me, i just kept reading and the names finally clicked.

I think I've trawled every website going for names!

We're having a boy and found it so much more harder picking one than when I had my daughter. He literally had no name until about 4 weeks ago.

In the end we went through the websites several times and it was always Logan and Reuben that we kept stopping at and repeating several time haha.

I love the idea of you looking back at your family tree for inspiration, I needed to find a name that matched my daughter (Sienna) and knew an old classic name wouldn't go.

Boy names are so hard! We have 2 boys now and if this one is a third we are pooped because we agree nothing...

My DS1 has William as a second name, he's called Jack William, think it has a nice ring to it!

I quite like Leo, Noah and Arthur but Im not "in love" with them!!

Names are so hard! With our daughter we had it picked out right away, this time we're back and forth. I feel like I can't make a solid decision before I know the gender. We'll know in two weeks. Right now our girl name is Luella Rae and our boy name is Bennett Leo. Luella was my husbands grandmothers name and Leo is my MIL maiden name plus it's my birth sign so I'm partial to it. We have a double letter thing so that narrowed it down a little bit. My husband is realllly pushing Apollo, but I'm not a fan. lol

Have you had a look over on the Baby Names forums for some ideas?

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-names/

<3

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll be taking a look!

I just can't seem to get anything to jump out at me! Maybe it'll click once I find out the gender at 20 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->