• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feel like I'm being pushed around...

mummie2be

Reaction score
Lately it's just been feeling like my OH's family has been trying to push me around. Telling ways to raise baby or what to buy. Even going as far as telling me who should be in the delivery room! I understand their excitement as how this is the first baby in their family in almost 16 years, but it's MY baby. When my MIL comes over and says that we need to buy a certain brand of diapers for "her baby" because all of her kids were allergic to the ones we bought.
I honestly wanted to cry. I'm at the point where I don't even want to include them in anything or tell them anything that is going on with LO.

It honestly seems like OH and my family are the only ones who care about what I want when it comes to MY baby. :cry::growlmad:

I would just ignore then and just do things how you want or smile and say thanks but we will handle this our way and learn our way. I know all to well what in laws like that can be and how much they piss you off, I getting peved just thinking about it lol... its your baby so its your choice and as for the deliver room it will be just me and oh and I will not be letting anyone know until he is born. A side from my mum that is in another country..

oh huni... *hugs*

in laws can be painful.. i know.. lol...

just remember .. no matter how hard they try and want its still ur baby and u do whatever u and oh want!!!!!

ether just smile and no politely to humour them then do whatever u want anyway...
or crank the hormones and tell em NO then blame hormones haha

xx goodluck

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear I wrote this...

Our stories are identical, the only difference is, I don't let my mother in law or ANY inlaws come over since they started their crap. I told them once, I told them twice, to knock their crap off, now, they are banned from my house.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, but when you tell people multiple times to stop forcing theirs down your throat and they don't listen, it's time to grow some back bone.

My husband's grandmother honestly, dead serious told me she would never forgive me if I didn't name our daughter after her. My response? "So I won't be sitting next to you at the family Christmas party, then?"

Mostly, I'm past the point of caring what they think of me. His family has ruled our relationship and our lives for the past 3 1/2 years, when I found out I was pregnant, they kept doing it, but finally, the "momma lion" instinct kicked in, and after "roaring" at them, they backed the heck off.

Honey, just remember, this is YOUR baby, your partner's baby, NOT theirs. Blood or no, no one is entitled to see your baby, especially if they can't behave and be supportive. I've said this on numerous occasions, and usually my husband's family replies with, "Well, Nick will let us see her." I just roll my eyes. He can't stand when they pull that shit either, so no, no he won't ;)

No sweat dear, just remember, if you can't keep quiet when they're sharing their "oh so wonderful" opinions, either respond with, "Thank you, we'll keep that in mind." or "Thank you, but we chose _ _ _ _ _ _ _ instead, and have our hearts set on it." It may not shut them down, BUT it will make YOU feel better knowing you spoke your peace. Or, if you get fed up enough, you sort of let that bullshit filter fail a little and let what's REALLY on your mind, out. Basically, we're now left alone and they rarely call. Hubby and I are MUCH happier without their constant interference. Just something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->