Feel like LO is hitting my cervix

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Ouch, LO is feeling feisty this afternoon. I was worried about not feeling much movement so I ate an apple and 2 snickers bars... well now she's going banana's and I love it but I keep feeling this zingy sensation in my cervix, is she hitting it? My last internal was at 36 weeks and the midwife felt LO's head easily so I'm hoping she didn't flip about or something.

Sounds just like the pains I've been having. MW said my LO was bobbing but 2/5ths engaged. Sometimes I can't walk!

Makes me hopeful that my LO is engaged! 2 weeks ago she was only at the -1 station. Walking is definitely getting harder, oh I wish she would come already.

I get this too. I was told it is lo bumping and hitting cervix. Could also be some dilation.

Makes me hopeful that my LO is engaged! 2 weeks ago she was only at the -1 station. Walking is definitely getting harder, oh I wish she would come already.

I don't know what -1 means I'm afraid, sorry! But it does sound like LO is engaged. My MW was surprised I'm able to walk what I do currently to and from school as it literally feels like LO could be pushed out with a cough right now :haha:

I have been getting the same thing for a few weeks now, very strange feeling! I have never been 'inspected' so have no idea what the 'engagement' numbers even mean but I want LO to appear soon! Also having trouble walking these days so I'd love it if this meant bubs head was also nice and low for me too :)

I get this too. I was told it is lo bumping and hitting cervix. Could also be some dilation.

It's a very strange feeling! I hope it's dilation.

Here's an image I found that shows the "stations", I hadn't heard of them until the midwife said LO was at -1 and that 0 means engaged.https://s2.hubimg.com/u/3566059_f520.jpg

Great image thank you for sharing! Wow! seems like you are pretty darn close to being ready! Ohhhh!!!! Fingers crossed it will happen very soon! :)

Yes yes I have the same thing going on! Hoping it means more dilation as well!! Sometimes it is painful and makes me hold my breathe others it's just darn uncomfortable!

I was bouncing on my birth ball and it started feeling like she was bouncing off my cervix, I had to stop!:rofl:

Tomorrow I have to go in to see my midwife because of headaches and swelling, if she has time I may ask for her to check out what's going on down there to see if I've had any progress :)

Twice now i've had it where after weeing then walking a bit i've had what can only be dedescribed as extreme pain on my cervix and cannot walk. Apparently emptying bladder often makes heads shoot down as can be lifted out a bit with full bladders, so i'm hoping that means mr is sitting slow. I have MW tomorow, wondering if they'll offer an internal to see hhow things are

Oh god yeah! You can feel the baby slip down can't you, it's so odd. I never engaged with DD so this is all new territory for me. I've got my first sweep on Friday, really hoping my cervix is open a little as I've been getting cramps etc. I'll be so happy if I'm 1cm, that's 1 less to get too :haha:.

I can't wait to hear everyone's progress! I was 2cm last week so maybe the cervix pain is a good sign things are moving along! I also go in tomorrow so we shall see for me

I've had shooting pains for the past week (36+2 weeks). Midwife said I was 2/5ths engaged on Thursday. I find it happens a lot when I'm driving (must be baby pushing further down) x

I just wanted to let you know I think it is a good sign our babies have been hitting our cervix- at my appt today dr said my lo is in a favorable position and my cervix has turned from toward my back to straight down and I was 3cm dialated, baby super low ready to go. Hopefully everyone is in a similar boat and we will me meeting our LOs soon! :)

That is awesome BMama! 3cms already! Not long now I imagine! :)
MrsD how did you go yesterday at your appointment? Did you get checked out?
My next appointment is not until Tues next week and I don't think I will be inspected- they seem to just leave you alone here until you go into labor yourself... The only time my hospital will intervene is to induce if you go two weeks over. :(

Thanks Molly, i hope not too much longer but then again when I think about how our family dynamic will change with ds becoming a big brother I am fine waiting longer lol. I wasn't going to have an internal but I hd so much cramping and discharge I was curious to see what's goin on down there ;) I had a midwife last pregnancy and they didn't do an internal till right at the end, seems OBs are much more willing to go in and see whats up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->